This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You can earn 80,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points when you spend $5,000 on the card in your first 3 months. Based on TPG’s valuations, this bonus is worth $1,600. This valuation of Chase points takes into account the Ultimate Rewards program’s selection of transfer partners, including Hyatt, Southwest and United, and the redemption options they offer.
As this is a business credit card (rather than a personal one), you need some sort of business — be it a small company or a sole proprietorship like a freelance service — to qualify. Even if you occasionally sell items on eBay, you could be eligible.
Beyond the 80,000-point sign-up bonus, this card’s benefits include:
- 3x points on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases each account anniversary year across the categories of travel; shipping purchases; internet, cable and phone services; and advertising purchases with social media sites and search engines
- 1 point per dollar on everything else
- Get 1.25 cents per point when you redeem your points directly through the Chase travel portal
- Cellphone protection — Up to $600 per claim against theft or damage for you and your employees listed on your monthly cellphone bill when you pay it with this card
- Primary car rental insurance — When you’re renting a car for business purposes
- No foreign transaction fees
This card has a $95 annual fee, and it can be well worth the cost if you’re able to maximize the 3x bonus categories and redeem your rewards with Chase’s travel partners.
To learn more about the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, see these posts:
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card Review
- FAQs about the Ink Business Preferred
- 5 Reasons to Get the Ink Business Preferred
The Points Guy Appraisal:
The Ink Business Preferred Credit Card launched in October 2016 and it quickly became one of the most popular business credit cards on the market. It has a strong sign up bonus, triple point categories and unique perks. This card earns a respectable 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel; shipping purchases; internet, cable and phone services; and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee