This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever finished a long day at the Disney World theme parks with the kids, basically crawled back to your hotel room in the evening and wished upon a star that you could just press a button and a glass of wine would immediately appear? (Raises hand!)
Well, consider that wish granted as the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World has installed a wine-dispensing machine in 68 of its suites, Park View rooms and select accessible guest rooms. This machine will pour you a glass of pinot noir or chardonnay with the press of a button for as little as $8. Dreams really do come true!
These magic-making Plum machines will currently dispense two types of wine: a 2016 pinot noir from Santa Barbara County (Lyric by Etude) or a 2016 chardonnay from Stag’s Leap Napa Valley, though you could work with the hotel to have your bottle of choice installed. Each bottle is preserved for 90 days and costs $8 for a 2.5 ounce pour and $15 for a 5 ounce pour. Charges are automatically added to your hotel bill.
Parents can rest easy — a child or curious teen won’t be able to just nab a glass on their own. The machine is out of reach of the littlest ones and parents can program a code to lock the unit from dispensing.
While suites at this resort can cost thousands of dollars per night, Park View rooms can be booked from $839 per night from late spring through September. If you want to stay at the Four Seasons Orlando, consider booking with The Platinum Card® from American Express that gives you not only 5x Membership Rewards points per dollar on prepaid hotels booked via AmexTravel.com, but also access to the Fine Hotels & Resorts Program. By booking via that program, you can receive daily breakfast for two, a room upgrade (when available), a property amenity (currently a $100 spa services credit), guaranteed 4pm late checkout, noon check-in when available and free Wi-Fi.
As if in-room wine dispensers weren’t enough magic all on their own, know that the Four Seasons Resort Orlando extends their guests perks usually reserved for Disney resort guests, like Extra Magic Hours, a longer 60-day booking window for FastPass+ slots and more (at least though the end of 2019).
In-room wine dispensers at a luxury resort on Disney World property, what will they think of next?
Planning a trip to WDW? Don’t miss these trip-planning resources:
- TPG’s Ultimate Guide to Walt Disney World Resort
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World in 2018
- The Best Restaurants in Disney World in 2018
- In the Shadow of the Mouse: Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – Disney Springs
- How to Use Points for Disney Tickets
Featured image by Getty Images / R9_RoNaLdO
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover It Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Intro Offer: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel!
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases all with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
- Redeem your Miles as a statement credit towards travel purchases.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Rates & Fees