Last Chance: Ikon Ski Pass Prices Increase Tomorrow
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
October is here and it has started snowing on many mountains, which is great news for skiers and boarders alike. As usual, once the snow begins to fall, the price of many ski season passes rises. A few weeks ago, the price for the Epic Pass creeped upward, and tomorrow the price for the Ikon Pass will do the same. Beginning on October 10, the price for the Ikon Pass will increase by $50. If you want to avoid that increase, the time to purchase is now.
Ikon has two levels of passes — the Ikon Base Pass ($699) and the Ikon Pass ($999). Each pass includes unlimited skiing/boarding at select resorts and then up to five or seven days at a larger number of resorts.
Participating unlimited ski resorts on both passes include: Copper Mountain, Winter Park, Tremblant and Big Bear. Mammoth, Squaw Valley and Solitude are also unlimited mountains included on both passes, though with some blackout dates.
On the pricier Ikon Pass, and with limited access on the Base Pass, you will find Steamboat, Aspen Snowmass, Jackson Hole, Taos, Deer Valley, Killington, AltaSnowbird and more. Those looking to take advantage of the temporary 60,000 Marriott Rewards points cap on standard award pricing at St. Regis properties may want to look toward Aspen and Deer Valley using the Ikon Pass this year!
Since single-day ski lift tickets can be so expensive, families planning to ski more than one trip per year will often come out ahead by securing a ski season pass of some sort. Sadly, our family is still deciding on exactly which ski resorts to visit this season, so we will have to deal with the price increases to make sure we make the right decision. However, if your ski plans are set, now is the time to buy.
Featured image by Getty Images
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover it Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Unlimited Bonus: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel! The more you earn, the more you get.
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases - with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates. Simply pay for travel purchases like airlines, hotels, rental cars, and more with your Discover it® Miles card.
- Miles Pay You Back. Easily redeem Miles as a statement credit for travel purchases. Or get cash.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Rates & Fees