Enter to win the chance to live in IHG hotels around the world for an entire year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After more than a year of hardly any travel to speak of, the world is opening up once again, with news coming in seemingly every day that yet another country is reopening its borders to international travelers.
There’s a new optimism in the air, with people everywhere remembering what it’s like to experience the thrill of traveling to a new place and taking in the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of a different country.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
If you’re ready to get back out into the world — and want to do so in a big way — look no further than this new contest launched by IHG Hotels and Resorts.
The chain has created a new program, called the Department of Epic, “which will help guests bring their travel dreams to life,” according to an IHG press release.
The newly formed Department of Epic is offering one lucky traveler the opportunity to live in IHG properties around the world for an entire year. You read that right. The winner will be able to ditch their permanent residence for a year while traveling around the world and spending 365 nights at different IHG brands, which include options such as the InterContinental, Six Senses, Kimpton and Holiday Inn.
It’s not just free accommodations, either. The contest winner will receive numerous perks during their year of hotel living, including a complimentary snack basket upon check-in at each property; one included on-site meal per month; the option to replace their home mattress with their favorite they encountered at the hotels; access to a private car at select properties; a free Kimpton robe to take back home at the end of the year; automatic Spire Elite status; and access to a personal booking concierge.
They’ll be entitled to “Epic Extras,” too, like a pair of plush slippers or a surprise upgrade to a penthouse suite.
If this sounds like exactly what you need, you can enter the content beginning now through July 20. The instructions for entrants are simple: “Tell IHG why they need a vacation — without telling IHG they need an epic vacation.” Post your submissions to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #IHGTellMeContest and be sure to tag @ihghotels in your post.
And for those who simply can’t wait to get back in the vacation mindset can tune into the Clubhouse app any time today through midnight Eastern Time to join IHG as it broadcasts a “hotel audio soundscape that will take listeners through a virtual journey of a hotel experience.” You’ll get to hear all the familiar sounds of a hotel stay, like the hushed chatter of a lobby, splashing in the pool and music from the bar as you enjoy a drink before retiring for the evening.
The lucky winner of this once-in-a-lifetime contest will be announced Aug. 2, and you can find the full terms and conditions of the contest here.
Featured image courtesy of IHG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees