Targeted: Up to 30,000 bonus points for new IHG members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s something we don’t see every day: As reported on Loyalty Lobby, new members to IHG are being given bonus point offers to complete stays. Looking pretty similar to IHG’s Accelerate promotion, this one has you completing different objectives in order to earn additional points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
When I signed my husband up for an IHG account, this is what he received:
That’s actually pretty good, considering this offer is being generated for an entirely new account. 30,000 bonus points is worth six nights at one of the 5,000-point PointBreaks hotels — a quarterly list of rotating hotels offered for discounted prices. These bonus points are in addition to whatever points you’ll earn from your stay.
At this rate I’m heavily considering completing the offers and snagging those bonus points, even though my husband doesn’t have any elite status with IHG (a tragedy, to be sure).
Other TPG staffers received offers as well, though not quite as lucrative:
Though this offer isn’t as substantial, it’s still pretty decent, especially if you have upcoming hotel stays. If you (or a family member) don’t yet have an IHG account, now is a good time to sign up — after all, it isn’t often that a hotel rewards you for simply joining the loyalty program and staying a little.
Featured photo courtesy of IHG.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.