You can now book 100 Mr and Mrs Smith hotels through IHG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last year, we learned that IHG was forming a partnership with Mr and Mrs Smith, a chain of boutique luxury hotels with properties all around the world. When the tie-up was first announced, there were few details available, including when we could expect to be able to book Mr and Mrs Smith properties with IHG points.
Earlier this month, the chain released the timetable for which it expects to integrate the 400+ participating properties into the IHG portfolio. Now, the first 100 properties (out of 400) have been integrated into IHG’s systems and are available for booking. According to an IHG spokesperson, additional Mr and Mrs Smith hotels will be added to IHG’s booking channels each week until all 400 are added by the end of November.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The integration of Mr and Mrs Smith hotels into IHG’s portfolio will introduce the chain to 11 new markets: Barbados, Belize, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Croatia, Iceland, Sweden, Morocco, Mozambique, Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
Some of the notable properties in the first group of additions include the Caldera House in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Casa Morada in the Florida Keys, White Fences Inn in the Hamptons and Casa No Name in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Casa Morada (@casamoradahotel) on Oct 6, 2020 at 10:41am PDT
IHG members will be able to earn and redeem points at Mr and Mrs Smith properties as they would at any other IHG property. IHG Rewards Club elite members will earn bonus points on stays as they would at any other IHG hotel and Ambassador members, as well as Kimpton Inner Circle members, are entitled to room upgrades if available and a “GoldSmith” welcome gift.
However, award pricing will be dynamic. I searched availability at Cobblers Cove in Barbados and found that reward nights ranged from 85,000 points up to 120,000 points per night through the rest of the year, depending on the exact date.
Additionally, according to a press release from IHG, free nights earned from credit cards will not be able to be used at Mr and Mrs Smith properties, though it left the door open to that being a possibility in the future, nor will these properties be available for Anniversary Nights (worth up to 40,000 points) earned with the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card.
Nevertheless, the addition of Mr and Mrs Smith properties to the IHG portfolio makes the program much more appealing. Judging by the caliber of these properties, which include, for example, the Treehotel in Sweden, rates will likely be quite high, which is all the more reason to start building up your balance of IHG Rewards. Luckily, the IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card is offering its highest-ever sign-up bonus of 140,000 points after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first three months after opening your new card.
Featured photo courtesy of IHG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.