If Your Name Is Wendy or Peter, You Could Get a Free Trip to Neverland
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If your name is Wendy or Peter, you may be able to visit Neverland for free.
Matthew Patrick, founder of the video channel The Film Theorists, recently claimed he had “definitively located” the real-life location of fabled Neverland from J.M. Barrie’s childhood classic, “Peter Pan.”
Based on “storybook logic” and treasure map-style “clues” sprinkled throughout both Barrie’s drama as well as the 1953 animated Disney film adaptation, Patrick believes Neverland is situated in Belize, off the coast of the Turneffe Atoll: one of three atolls forming the Belize Barrier Reef, just southeast of Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker.
Using the placement of famous London landmarks, as well as the map of Neverland in the Disney movie, characters’ historical relevance and Pan’s famous direction, “second star to the right, and straight on ’til morning,” Patrick was able to pinpoint the possible Neverland in real life.
Of course, the Central American island nation blushed at the compliment. To celebrate the destination’s newfound status as Neverland, the Belize Tourism Board is sending one lucky Peter-and-Wendy duo on a free five-day vacation to the Turneffe Atoll.
Here’s how it works: If your name is Peter, find a friend named Wendy, and e-mail BelizeNeverland@gmail.com with the appropriately-named friend copied on the “CC” line of the email — vice versa with a friend named Peter, if your name is Wendy. That’s it.
Any Peter and Wendy based in the United States and over the age of 18 have between now and May 14 to submit their applications. That’s when the tourism board will pick one of the winning couples at random for five days in a stuck-in-time paradise.
This seems like a particularly magical opportunity for any honeymooners, newlyweds or lovebirds who just so happen to be named Peter and Wendy, although the relationship is not at all limited to romance. The tourism board confirmed that friends, siblings and relatives are all eligible.
“The Belize Tourism Board felt it was only right that a Peter and Wendy get to visit the island from J.M. Barrie’s fictional tale, to see if the paradise can help them, too, achieve the feelings of eternal childhood,” said a press representative.
But if you don’t bear one of the winning names, don’t fret: You can still book a trip to Neverland on your own. And if you just want to hear the details behind all the sleuthing, here’s the video for your viewing enjoyment.
All images courtesy of the Belize Tourism Board.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees