ICYMI: Earn 5% back at department stores, 150k welcome bonuses and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Sunday, we round up the top deals you might have missed on TPG this week. From flight deals to limited-time bonus offers, here’s what you need to know.
If the Chase Freedom holds a place in your wallet, you may be excited to hear that the Q4 bonus is 5% back on department store purchases made with PayPal or Chase Pay. If you have an Ultimate Rewards earning card, you can transfer the earnings as 5x points. This bonus category is valid Oct. 1 — Dec. 30, 2019, just in time for the holiday shopping madness.
Starting Sept. 12, new Amex Business Green cardholders can earn up to 150,000 bonus points after the first three months. There’s also a targeted welcome bonus on the Amex Business Platinum card for 110,000 points.
If you have any upcoming hotel stays or plan to rent a car, Amtrak will reward you with up to 13,000 Guest Rewards points if you book through them. All you have to do is complete the reservation or rental by Oct. 20, 2019.
Alaska Airlines is currently running a special where you’ll be rewarded with 50% more miles when you buy them. This is awesome because Alaska has some of the highest valued points on our list. Let’s just say you could fly biz class to Asia on Cathay Pacific if you take advantage of this promo the right way.
This fall special is valid on stays between Sept. 15 — Dec. 15, 2019. All you have to do is register before Oct. 31, 2019.
Citi has teamed up with No Kid Hungry to donate healthy meals to kids in need. All you have to do is register your eligible Citi card and then spend $5 or more dining out from now until Dec. 1 and Citi will donate $1 on your behalf. They are matching spending up to $2 million, which is enough for 20 million meals for kids.
From now until Sept. 17, you can stay at select Choice Hotel’s for just $62 when you take advantage of their points promo.
With that bonus, you could be flying Lufthansa first class.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of YinYang/iStock /Getty Images Plus
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.