ICYMI: Earn 5% back at department stores, 150k welcome bonuses and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Sunday, we round up the top deals you might have missed on TPG this week. From flight deals to limited-time bonus offers, here’s what you need to know.
If the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) holds a place in your wallet, you may be excited to hear that the Q4 bonus is 5% back on department store purchases made with PayPal or Chase Pay. If you have an Ultimate Rewards earning card, you can transfer the earnings as 5x points. This bonus category is valid Oct. 1 — Dec. 30, 2019, just in time for the holiday shopping madness.
Starting Sept. 12, new Amex Business Green cardholders can earn up to 150,000 bonus points after the first three months. There’s also a targeted welcome bonus on the Amex Business Platinum card for 110,000 points. The information for the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have any upcoming hotel stays or plan to rent a car, Amtrak will reward you with up to 13,000 Guest Rewards points if you book through them. All you have to do is complete the reservation or rental by Oct. 20, 2019.
Alaska Airlines is currently running a special where you’ll be rewarded with 50% more miles when you buy them. This is awesome because Alaska has some of the highest valued points on our list. Let’s just say you could fly biz class to Asia on Cathay Pacific if you take advantage of this promo the right way.
This fall special is valid on stays between Sept. 15 — Dec. 15, 2019. All you have to do is register before Oct. 31, 2019.
Citi has teamed up with No Kid Hungry to donate healthy meals to kids in need. All you have to do is register your eligible Citi card and then spend $5 or more dining out from now until Dec. 1 and Citi will donate $1 on your behalf. They are matching spending up to $2 million, which is enough for 20 million meals for kids.
From now until Sept. 17, you can stay at select Choice Hotel’s for just $62 when you take advantage of their points promo.
With that bonus, you could be flying Lufthansa first class.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of YinYang/iStock /Getty Images Plus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.