ICYMI: Earn 5% back at department stores, 150k welcome bonuses and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Sunday, we round up the top deals you might have missed on TPG this week. From flight deals to limited-time bonus offers, here’s what you need to know.
If the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants) holds a place in your wallet, you may be excited to hear that the Q4 bonus is 5% back on department store purchases made with PayPal or Chase Pay. If you have an Ultimate Rewards earning card, you can transfer the earnings as 5x points. This bonus category is valid Oct. 1 — Dec. 30, 2019, just in time for the holiday shopping madness.
Starting Sept. 12, new Amex Business Green cardholders can earn up to 150,000 bonus points after the first three months. There’s also a targeted welcome bonus on the Amex Business Platinum card for 110,000 points. The information for the Business Green Rewards Card from American Express has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have any upcoming hotel stays or plan to rent a car, Amtrak will reward you with up to 13,000 Guest Rewards points if you book through them. All you have to do is complete the reservation or rental by Oct. 20, 2019.
Alaska Airlines is currently running a special where you’ll be rewarded with 50% more miles when you buy them. This is awesome because Alaska has some of the highest valued points on our list. Let’s just say you could fly biz class to Asia on Cathay Pacific if you take advantage of this promo the right way.
This fall special is valid on stays between Sept. 15 — Dec. 15, 2019. All you have to do is register before Oct. 31, 2019.
Citi has teamed up with No Kid Hungry to donate healthy meals to kids in need. All you have to do is register your eligible Citi card and then spend $5 or more dining out from now until Dec. 1 and Citi will donate $1 on your behalf. They are matching spending up to $2 million, which is enough for 20 million meals for kids.
From now until Sept. 17, you can stay at select Choice Hotel’s for just $62 when you take advantage of their points promo.
With that bonus, you could be flying Lufthansa first class.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of YinYang/iStock /Getty Images Plus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees