Bonus Avios From Iberia’s Promotion Officially Begin Posting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Points Guy has officially received confirmation that bonus Avios from Iberia’s recent promotion offering 9,000 bonus Avios per flight have begun posting in members’ accounts. TPG reader Alex shared a screenshot of 90,000 Avios appearing in his account:
TPG‘s Senior Points and Miles Writer JT Genter also confirms receiving the bonus Avios for his Iberia flights, but only for bookings that were ticketed by midnight European time (6pm Eastern) on June 24. So it appears Avios are being deposited widely, but the airline might not count any bookings that didn’t ticket by the deadline.
For those who have had issues with Iberia accounts being locked, earlier today TPG‘s Senior Points and Miles Contributor Richard Kerr reached out to Iberia’s corporate communications department. The airline’s communications department responded to those questions — here are their responses in full:
TPG: New accounts are temporarily locked. Can you confirm if these will be unlocked upon submission of identification proof?
Iberia: There is a number of accounts that have been blocked for review since we have detected possible errors or duplications. Shortly we will inform each of these customers of next steps.
TPG: Will tickets bought on June 24 during the promotion but not ticketed until June 25 receive the promotional Avios?
Iberia: The promotion ended on June 24th. In any case, we will review case by case those who are doubtful about the time.
TPG: Will all US based residents who participated in the promotion receive the Avios, even if they do not intend to take the paid flights?
Iberia: Those who comply with the conditions of the promotion and the program will receive the Avios.
TPG: When do you expect the Avios to begin posting to Iberia Plus accounts?
Iberia: The period to add those Avios was 10 days. We are going to add them in the coming hours/days.
Obviously with bonus Avios now appearing in accounts, it’s clear the airline does intend to honor this promotion to most of its members. However, we’re continuing to monitor reports from our readers both here and in the TPG Lounge, and if there are further issues, we’ll update this story with new information as we receive it.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees