You can now use WhatsApp to check-in for many Iberia flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia is making it easier for passengers to check the status of and check-in to their flight. On Wednesday, the Spanish flag carrier announced that its passengers can now use popular messaging service WhatsApp to find out general information about their trip.
The WhatsApp messaging functionality with Iberia will be able to tell passengers in Spanish about their trip, allow them to check the status of their flight, as well as check-in for their flight. The carrier said in a press release that it also plans to launch an English version of the virtual assistance program.
To interact with the Iberia WhatsApp assistance line, you must message +34 676 67 60 04. The check-in functionality of the service can be used for any flight to Schengen-area countries on flights operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum. In addition, Spanish-speaking passengers will be able to get flight status information.
Iberia serves Spain from several points in the US, employing the new Airbus A350 on some of those routes. Iberia’s A350, which we reviewed in business, premium economy and coach, is a significant improvement on the airline’s previous product.
With the addition of WhatsApp to its customer service portfolio, Iberia becomes the latest airline to utilize the platform. Dutch carrier KLM has long used WhatsApp to communicate with customers, and in September, it unveiled that it intends to expand its functionality to allow passengers to book flights through WhatsApp. In the US, Spirit allows booking via text for a fee.
Featured photo courtesy of Iberia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.