You can now use WhatsApp to check-in for many Iberia flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Iberia is making it easier for passengers to check the status of and check-in to their flight. On Wednesday, the Spanish flag carrier announced that its passengers can now use popular messaging service WhatsApp to find out general information about their trip.
The WhatsApp messaging functionality with Iberia will be able to tell passengers in Spanish about their trip, allow them to check the status of their flight, as well as check-in for their flight. The carrier said in a press release that it also plans to launch an English version of the virtual assistance program.
To interact with the Iberia WhatsApp assistance line, you must message +34 676 67 60 04. The check-in functionality of the service can be used for any flight to Schengen-area countries on flights operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum. In addition, Spanish-speaking passengers will be able to get flight status information.
Iberia serves Spain from several points in the US, employing the new Airbus A350 on some of those routes. Iberia’s A350, which we reviewed in business, premium economy and coach, is a significant improvement on the airline’s previous product.
With the addition of WhatsApp to its customer service portfolio, Iberia becomes the latest airline to utilize the platform. Dutch carrier KLM has long used WhatsApp to communicate with customers, and in September, it unveiled that it intends to expand its functionality to allow passengers to book flights through WhatsApp. In the US, Spirit allows booking via text for a fee.
Featured photo courtesy of Iberia.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees