This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things are finally moving along at a steady clip on the Polaris Lounge front. In April, United opened the doors to its second location, at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), followed by the Newark (EWR) Polaris Lounge earlier this month. Now we know when the fourth location will open, at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
Friday, June 29 is the day, with a media preview scheduled for Tuesday morning, June 26. We’ll be covering the preview in person, of course, so Houstonians have less than two weeks before seeing what awaits.
United’s latest Polaris Lounge will be located at IAH’s Terminal E. As with the other launches, details are forthcoming, but I’d expect a-la-carte dining, a full bar with custom cocktails, shower suites, lounge areas and plenty of seating.
As a reminder, Polaris Lounge access is restricted to passengers traveling in one of the following cabins:
First-class passengers may also bring a guest, but access is restricted to long-haul intercontinental travel — if you’re flying between the US and Canada, Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean, you won’t have access, unfortunately.
Since it’s clear that United’s committed to its latest timeline for its long-delayed Polaris Lounge openings, we should expect the fifth location, at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), to open this fall. A date has not yet been confirmed for the final US lounge, at Dulles International Airport (IAD) outside Washington, D.C., or the three international locations at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), London Heathrow (LHR) or Tokyo Narita (NRT).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees