This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things are finally moving along at a steady clip on the Polaris Lounge front. In April, United opened the doors to its second location, at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), followed by the Newark (EWR) Polaris Lounge earlier this month. Now we know when the fourth location will open, at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
Friday, June 29 is the day, with a media preview scheduled for Tuesday morning, June 26. We’ll be covering the preview in person, of course, so Houstonians have less than two weeks before seeing what awaits.
United’s latest Polaris Lounge will be located at IAH’s Terminal E. As with the other launches, details are forthcoming, but I’d expect a-la-carte dining, a full bar with custom cocktails, shower suites, lounge areas and plenty of seating.
As a reminder, Polaris Lounge access is restricted to passengers traveling in one of the following cabins:
First-class passengers may also bring a guest, but access is restricted to long-haul intercontinental travel — if you’re flying between the US and Canada, Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean, you won’t have access, unfortunately.
Since it’s clear that United’s committed to its latest timeline for its long-delayed Polaris Lounge openings, we should expect the fifth location, at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), to open this fall. A date has not yet been confirmed for the final US lounge, at Dulles International Airport (IAD) outside Washington, D.C., or the three international locations at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), London Heathrow (LHR) or Tokyo Narita (NRT).
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees