United’s Houston (IAH) Polaris Lounge Opens June 29
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Things are finally moving along at a steady clip on the Polaris Lounge front. In April, United opened the doors to its second location, at San Francisco International Airport (SFO), followed by the Newark (EWR) Polaris Lounge earlier this month. Now we know when the fourth location will open, at Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH).
Friday, June 29 is the day, with a media preview scheduled for Tuesday morning, June 26. We’ll be covering the preview in person, of course, so Houstonians have less than two weeks before seeing what awaits.
United’s latest Polaris Lounge will be located at IAH’s Terminal E. As with the other launches, details are forthcoming, but I’d expect a-la-carte dining, a full bar with custom cocktails, shower suites, lounge areas and plenty of seating.
As a reminder, Polaris Lounge access is restricted to passengers traveling in one of the following cabins:
First-class passengers may also bring a guest, but access is restricted to long-haul intercontinental travel — if you’re flying between the US and Canada, Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean, you won’t have access, unfortunately.
Since it’s clear that United’s committed to its latest timeline for its long-delayed Polaris Lounge openings, we should expect the fifth location, at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), to open this fall. A date has not yet been confirmed for the final US lounge, at Dulles International Airport (IAD) outside Washington, D.C., or the three international locations at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), London Heathrow (LHR) or Tokyo Narita (NRT).
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.