This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spend enough nights traveling, and you’re bound to come across times when you need to check-in to a hotel early. This is generally something hotels don’t accommodate on a regular basis. Too frequently, the message I hear is, “check with us on the day of arrival.” Hyatt is looking to change that with its Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place hotels across the world will offer an early check-in benefit to its members, starting immediately. Some elite members will receive the benefit for free while others will pay a nominal fee to access the benefit:
- World of Hyatt Globalists and Explorists can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for free
- World of Hyatt Discoverists and Members can reserve 9am or 12pm early check-in for a fee, starting from $10 USD, pricing varying by location
Prices will vary by market and can be as high as $50. As you can imagine, early check-in will be subject to availability. There are multiple ways to request early check-in:
- When booking on Hyatt.com within 7 days of arrival
- Within the Hyatt mobile app within 7 days of arrival for an existing booking
- Via a link in a pre-arrival e-mail from the hotel a few days before check-in
- By contacting the hotel directly within 7 days of arrival
Hyatt has confirmed to us that, once fully rolled out, all 330 Hyatt Place hotels in 20 countries worldwide will be participating in this new initiative. It’s still too early to gauge the availability at various properties. At TPG, we spend plenty of time on the road and will report back as we have the chance to test the availability at various Hyatt Place hotels.
Hyatt Place is also adding a late check-out benefit for members of World of Hyatt that don’t have elite status. They’ll be able to request a 2pm check-out starting at a price of $10 if confirmed.
The Bottom Line
How individual properties handle this new benefit will tell the tale on how valuable it is. For years, Starwood Preferred Guest maintained a benefit entitled Your24. That benefit (now reserved for Marriott Ambassador Elite members) allowed members to request an earlier check-in time with hotels. It, too, was subject to availability. Customer experiences were mixed with Your24 at Starwood Preferred Guest, lowering the potential value of this benefit.
Hyatt is only rolling this out at Hyatt Place hotels, not the full system. That being said, the ability to confirm an early check-in ahead of time will come as a welcome benefit for weary travelers arriving on a red-eye flight at their destination with a Hyatt Place stay. We’re betting $10 will be a steal for those subject to the fee if they’re able to score a nap or a shower.
Featured photo courtesy of the Hyatt Place Jacksonville / St. Johns Town Center.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees