Hyatt is teaming up with a meditation app to help travelers and employees relax
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You know what they say: “Health is wealth.” Hotel chains have taken that phrase to heart in the last several years, with many of them focusing on wellness initiatives — from features inside each room to the on-property spa to the specific location of a hotel.
Hyatt will build on its leadership in this space with a new partnership with Headspace, the popular health and wellness brand that focuses on meditation through its online platform and its mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices.
The new Headspace access won’t just be for guests, either. Hyatt employees will receive free subscriptions to Headspace, which normally costs $12.99 per month or $95 if you pay for a year in advance. Hyatt says that it’s doing this as “a means of supporting [its employees] on their own mental health and wellbeing journeys.”
If you’re a guest at a Hyatt hotel, you’ll soon notice things like access to Headspace content such as short meditations, sounds to aid in sleep, guidance from former monk and Headspace co-founder Andy Puddicombe and more — all delivered through your hotel room.
If you’re a World of Hyatt member and have the chain’s app downloaded on your phone, you’ll also get access to exclusive Headspace member offers as well as plenty of other mindfulness content delivered through the app.
Hyatt’s partnership with Headspace is another step in the hotel’s increased focus on the health and wellbeing of its employees and guests. In the last few years, Hyatt’s acquired (and begun to expand) Miraval hotels — a brand devoted entirely to wellness and health of both the body and mind. It’s also forged a partnership with Exhale Spas and rolled out a proprietary wellness experience platform called FIND.
We don’t know the exact timing for the launch of this partnership yet but stay tuned to TPG for more details.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees