Hyatt is teaming up with a meditation app to help travelers and employees relax
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You know what they say: “Health is wealth.” Hotel chains have taken that phrase to heart in the last several years, with many of them focusing on wellness initiatives — from features inside each room to the on-property spa to the specific location of a hotel.
Hyatt will build on its leadership in this space with a new partnership with Headspace, the popular health and wellness brand that focuses on meditation through its online platform and its mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices.
The new Headspace access won’t just be for guests, either. Hyatt employees will receive free subscriptions to Headspace, which normally costs $12.99 per month or $95 if you pay for a year in advance. Hyatt says that it’s doing this as “a means of supporting [its employees] on their own mental health and wellbeing journeys.”
If you’re a guest at a Hyatt hotel, you’ll soon notice things like access to Headspace content such as short meditations, sounds to aid in sleep, guidance from former monk and Headspace co-founder Andy Puddicombe and more — all delivered through your hotel room.
If you’re a World of Hyatt member and have the chain’s app downloaded on your phone, you’ll also get access to exclusive Headspace member offers as well as plenty of other mindfulness content delivered through the app.
Hyatt’s partnership with Headspace is another step in the hotel’s increased focus on the health and wellbeing of its employees and guests. In the last few years, Hyatt’s acquired (and begun to expand) Miraval hotels — a brand devoted entirely to wellness and health of both the body and mind. It’s also forged a partnership with Exhale Spas and rolled out a proprietary wellness experience platform called FIND.
We don’t know the exact timing for the launch of this partnership yet but stay tuned to TPG for more details.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.