Hyatt Offering up to 25% off Awards at Top Properties, Including Park Hyatt Maldives
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hyatt has launched a great promotion where you can get up to 25% off award nights or Points + Cash bookings at some of its top properties around the world.
There are two versions of the promotion, and we’ll first go through the details of the deal that offers discounts on normal award stays.
If you redeem points for any of the 14 included properties, you can earn up to 25% of your points back for stays made through Nov. 30.
This includes top-tier redemptions like the Park Hyatt Milan that normally goes for 30,000 points a night, where you’ll earn 5,000 of your points back after your stay is completed. Also included is the Andaz Mayakoba and Park Hyatt Mallorca, both resorts that have received high marks from TPG reviewers.
Hyatt points are TPG’s most valuable hotel loyalty currency and we value 5,000 points at $85. So this is a solid discount, especially considering that they’re available at some of its flagship hotels.
Here’s a list of all the properties where you can receive points back, and how many points you’ll receive for each night you stay.
Note that you’ll need to have the full amount of points in your account when booking, and you’ll receive the bonus points back into your account 6 to 8 weeks after you’ve completed your stay.
The second part of the promotion Hyatt is running offers a 25% discount on Points + Cash bookings for the stays made before Oct. 31. Discounts are available at top-tier and incredibly popular resorts, including the Andaz Costa Rica Papagayo, Park Hyatt St. Kitts and even the Park Hyatt Maldives. Unfortunately, the discount only applies to the cash part of the booking, so you wont be saving any extra points on these stays.
Here’s what you can expect to pay at each resort with the discount (discounts will automatically be incorporated during booking):
|Property||Discounted Cash + Points Rate|
|Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino||12,500 points + $98|
|Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo||10,000 points + $104|
|Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa||15,000 points + $186|
|Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Resort||12,500 points + $75|
|Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya||12,500 points + $71|
|Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour||15,000 points + $126|
|Park Hyatt Mallorca||
12,500 points + €129
|Grand Hyatt Baha Mar||10,000 points + $85|
TPG value’s Hyatt points so highly because you can get some killer redemptions for a very minimal amount of points compared to other loyalty programs. Plus, you shouldn’t be paying any resort fees on award redemptions (Points + Cash bookings are subject to resort fees). Still, it’s worth comparing cash rates to points redemptions if you are going to take advantage of this sale; it could still make sense to forgo booking with points if cash rates are very low.
If you don’t have any Hyatt points but still want to take advantage of the sale, you can transfer them instantly from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt at 1:1 ratio. Cards like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve earn Ultimate Rewards points.
And if you want to stock up on Hyatt points for future deals, the World Of Hyatt Credit Card is currently offering a two-tiered welcome bonus after spending. You’ll earn 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening for a total of 60,000 points (on top of what you earn from the normal spend).
Featured photo of the Park Hyatt Maldives by Darren Murph / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees