Hyatt elite credit card nights have posted for 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Check your accounts: Hyatt credit card qualifying nights are now live.
While most Hyatt members started off the New Year with a sad balance of zero, holders of the Hyatt co-branded credit card were spared from the purge. Select Marriott Bonvoy credit card holders also found out their Marriott elite nights haven’t been completely wiped out.
If you hold the World of Hyatt Credit Card, it awards cardholders five elite night credits every year and another two for every $5,000 you spend on the card in a calendar year. TPG’s Scott Mayerowitz noticed the nights credited to his account late last night.
This is a good head start for keeping status or getting to the next tier. Just in case you forgot, in order to requalify for status next year, you’ll need 10 nights or 25,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) for Discoverist. You’ll get Discoverist status simply by having the card. For Explorist, you’ll 30 nights or 50,000 base points ($10,000 in spending). Finally, the top tier in the World of Hyatt program is Globalist status, which requires 60 nights or 100,000 base points ($20,000 in spending).
If you find yourself staying at Hyatt properties frequently, and don’t want to miss out on perks like this, you may want to consider adding the World of Hyatt card to your wallet. Holding the World of Hyatt Credit Card is a good way to get and keep Hyatt elite status. There are five levels of Hyatt elite status: Member, Discoverist, Explorist, Globalist and Lifetime Globalist.
Perhaps one of the best perks from holding the World of Hyatt card is the annual free-night certificate at a Category 1-4 Hyatt property. You’ll receive the certificate every year after your account anniversary. This alone can be worth much more than the card’s $95 annual fee. You’ll also get a second free night after spending $15,000 in a year.
Hyatt has an exceptional loyalty program, but not as many hotels as rivals Marriott and Hilton. After acquiring Two Roads Hospitality and its partnership with Small Luxury Hotels, there are now more than 1,100 locations where you can earn and redeem Hyatt points, which we value at 1.7 cents each.
Featured image of The Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile courtesy of Hyatt
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees