Hyatt elite credit card nights have posted for 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Check your accounts: Hyatt credit card qualifying nights are now live.
While most Hyatt members started off the New Year with a sad balance of zero, holders of the Hyatt co-branded credit card were spared from the purge. Select Marriott Bonvoy credit card holders also found out their Marriott elite nights haven’t been completely wiped out.
If you hold The World of Hyatt Credit Card, it awards cardholders five elite night credits every year and another two for every $5,000 you spend on the card in a calendar year. TPG’s Scott Mayerowitz noticed the nights credited to his account late last night.
This is a good head start for keeping status or getting to the next tier. Just in case you forgot, in order to requalify for status next year, you’ll need 10 nights or 25,000 base points ($5,000 in spending) for Discoverist. You’ll get Discoverist status simply by having the card. For Explorist, you’ll 30 nights or 50,000 base points ($10,000 in spending). Finally, the top tier in the World of Hyatt program is Globalist status, which requires 60 nights or 100,000 base points ($20,000 in spending).
If you find yourself staying at Hyatt properties frequently, and don’t want to miss out on perks like this, you may want to consider adding the World of Hyatt card to your wallet. Holding the World of Hyatt Credit Card is a good way to get and keep Hyatt elite status. There are five levels of Hyatt elite status: Member, Discoverist, Explorist, Globalist and Lifetime Globalist.
Perhaps one of the best perks from holding the World of Hyatt card is the annual free-night certificate at a Category 1-4 Hyatt property. You’ll receive the certificate every year after your account anniversary. This alone can be worth much more than the card’s $95 annual fee. You’ll also get a second free night after spending $15,000 in a year.
Hyatt has an exceptional loyalty program, but not as many hotels as rivals Marriott and Hilton. After acquiring Two Roads Hospitality and its partnership with Small Luxury Hotels, there are now more than 1,100 locations where you can earn and redeem Hyatt points, which we value at 1.7 cents each.
Featured image of The Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile courtesy of Hyatt
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees