This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just this week, Chase rolled out a new program called Chase Offers, giving Chase cardholders the ability to earn statement credits for spending with certain merchants. So far, many of the offers aren’t that exciting, such as getting 10% back at ProFlowers.
However, a tempting offer popped up today offering targeted cardholders the chance to score 20% cashback on upcoming Hyatt purchases:
While 20% cashback sounds great, there are quite a few limitations to this deal that should be kept in mind:
- Must book through Hyatt.com; not valid on third-party purchases
- Only valid on stays paid for and completed between registration and Dec. 16, 2018, meaning you have less than a month to use it
- The cashback is capped at $51
- You must spend at least $100 on qualifying purchases to earn any credit
Unlike the longer validity periods of Amex Offers, the limitations mean the promo isn’t likely to be useful for many cardholders — unless you already have a stay booked directly with Hyatt for the next month or have flexible travel plans.
The Chase cardholder who posted about this offer on Twitter notes that it was available on his World of Hyatt Credit Card, which means that he’ll be able to earn 4x Hyatt points from the purchase in addition to getting 20% cashback through this offer.
Here are the full terms of the offer:
Stay at a Hyatt hotel in the US and earn 20% back on your purchase when you spend between $100 and $255, with a $51.00 back maximum! Offer expires 12/16/2018. Payment for your completed stay must be made directly to Hyatt on or before offer expiration date. Offer not valid at Hyatt Oasis properties. Offer valid one time only on bookings made through hyatt.com. Offer not valid on third-party purchases.
Chase Offers are only showing up for certain users and on certain cards. For example, TPG contributor Katie Genter is targeted for offers on her IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card, but not her Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card or United MileagePlus Card. Meanwhile, Chase Offers still isn’t available in my Chase app.
To see if you’re targeted for this or other Chase Offers, open your Chase app and log into your account. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage past all of your cards, “Credit score” and “Open an account” options. If your account is eligible, a “Chase Offers” widget will appear just before the disclosures section. Click the “See all offers” button to load the Chase Offers page.
H/T: Miles to Memories
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points - 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening - free nights start at 5,000 points
- Receive 1 free night every year after your cardmember anniversary at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort
- Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status for as long as your account is open and 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year
- Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card
- Earn 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
- Plus, earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships