This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Chase Freedom Unlimited
As part of Hyatt’s first buy points promotion of 2019, you can increase your World of Hyatt balance by purchasing the currency with a 30% bonus. Through Feb. 22, 2019, when you buy at least 3,000 points, you’ll trigger the 30% bonus on purchased points.
This Hyatt buy points promotion is not tiered, meaning you’ll get the 30% bonus no matter how many points you buy. Without any bonus, Hyatt points sell for 2.4 cents apiece. However, with the bonus, you can get them at the discounted rate of 1.8 cents each. TPG’s latest valuations peg World of Hyatt points at 1.7 cents apiece, so you could be getting points at a good value.
Since the Hyatt award chart starts at just 5,000 points per night, that means you can buy award nights starting at just $96 — by purchasing 4,000 points with a 1,200-point bonus. Alternatively, you can redeem as few as 2,500 points plus a cash co-pay through Points + Cash redemptions. And remember that award nights now count toward elite status.
Free Ways of Getting Hyatt Points
No matter how good of a deal the buy-points promotion is, earning points via credit card sign-ups is a much cheaper way of stocking up on Hyatt points. You can do so directly through the The World of Hyatt Credit Card — which offers up to 50,000 bonus points. You’ll earn 25,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first three months and an additional 25,000 bonus points after spending $6,000 total on purchases within the first six months of account opening.
Also, you can transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt at 1:1 ratio. If you’re short on Ultimate Rewards points, some of the best sign-up offers are the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card‘s 80,000 sign-up bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months, the Chase Sapphire Reserve‘s 50,000 sign-up bonus and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card‘s 60,000 sign-up bonus both after spending $4,000 in the first three months.
How to Buy Hyatt Points With a 40% Bonus
If you’re interested in taking advantage of this deal, here are the step-by-step directions:
- Visit Hyatt’s Buy Points link.
- Enter your World of Hyatt membership number, name and email address.
- Select the number of points you want to purchase, enter your credit card information and billing address, agree to the terms and conditions and click Purchase Bonus Points.
Keep in mind that the usual restrictions for purchasing Hyatt points apply to these transactions, including:
- You must purchase points in increments of 1,000 points up to a maximum of 55,000 points per calendar year.
- Any purchased points will not count toward qualification for any increased or improved status or elite membership in the World of Hyatt program.
Which Credit Card to Use to Purchase
If you don’t have that card yet, you’ll want to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders with a Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning card can earn a 3% return by earning 1.5x Ultimate Rewards points on non-bonus purchases like this or The Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express cardholders will earn 2x Membership Rewards points on the first $50,000 per year; then 1x.
Featured photo of the Park Hyatt Maldives by Darren Murph/The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees