Hyatt Adds Discounted Advanced Purchase Member Rate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World of Hyatt members have a new option to save a bit of cash when booking one of the chain’s properties around the world. The new Member Rate Advance Purchase is now available at all of Hyatt’s 700+ hotels, offering up to 15% off when you book at least 14 days prior to arrival.
In fact, the rate ended up offering a savings of 20% compared to the standard offering — higher than the 15% advertised. The savings can be far less significant on other dates, though.
Note that this new advance purchase rate is entirely prepaid and nonrefundable, so you should only ever consider that option if you’re certain that your plans won’t change. Otherwise it could make more sense to book an ever-so-slightly higher rate — say, AAA — instead.
Over the holidays you’ll only save a small amount relative to the sky-high room pricing, for example:
As always, be sure to read the rate rules very carefully. Some properties have especially unforgiving policies that could land you in hot water even if you’re booking a rate that would ordinarily be entirely refundable elsewhere. At this hotel, the AAA rate for that peak holiday stay must be canceled 90 days in advance for a refund.
It always makes sense to check the award rates, too — in this case, with the lowest prepaid rates at $320, 30,000 points per night doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, considering TPG’s latest valuation of 1.8 cents per Hyatt point. Still, in some cases, you could come out far ahead by using your points, so don’t rule out that option just because of the potential savings with this new prepaid rate.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees