Hyatt Adds Discounted Advanced Purchase Member Rate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World of Hyatt members have a new option to save a bit of cash when booking one of the chain’s properties around the world. The new Member Rate Advance Purchase is now available at all of Hyatt’s 700+ hotels, offering up to 15% off when you book at least 14 days prior to arrival.
In fact, the rate ended up offering a savings of 20% compared to the standard offering — higher than the 15% advertised. The savings can be far less significant on other dates, though.
Note that this new advance purchase rate is entirely prepaid and nonrefundable, so you should only ever consider that option if you’re certain that your plans won’t change. Otherwise it could make more sense to book an ever-so-slightly higher rate — say, AAA — instead.
Over the holidays you’ll only save a small amount relative to the sky-high room pricing, for example:
As always, be sure to read the rate rules very carefully. Some properties have especially unforgiving policies that could land you in hot water even if you’re booking a rate that would ordinarily be entirely refundable elsewhere. At this hotel, the AAA rate for that peak holiday stay must be canceled 90 days in advance for a refund.
It always makes sense to check the award rates, too — in this case, with the lowest prepaid rates at $320, 30,000 points per night doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, considering TPG’s latest valuation of 1.8 cents per Hyatt point. Still, in some cases, you could come out far ahead by using your points, so don’t rule out that option just because of the potential savings with this new prepaid rate.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.