This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World of Hyatt members have a new option to save a bit of cash when booking one of the chain’s properties around the world. The new Member Rate Advance Purchase is now available at all of Hyatt’s 700+ hotels, offering up to 15% off when you book at least 14 days prior to arrival.
In fact, the rate ended up offering a savings of 20% compared to the standard offering — higher than the 15% advertised. The savings can be far less significant on other dates, though.
Note that this new advance purchase rate is entirely prepaid and nonrefundable, so you should only ever consider that option if you’re certain that your plans won’t change. Otherwise it could make more sense to book an ever-so-slightly higher rate — say, AAA — instead.
Over the holidays you’ll only save a small amount relative to the sky-high room pricing, for example:
As always, be sure to read the rate rules very carefully. Some properties have especially unforgiving policies that could land you in hot water even if you’re booking a rate that would ordinarily be entirely refundable elsewhere. At this hotel, the AAA rate for that peak holiday stay must be canceled 90 days in advance for a refund.
It always makes sense to check the award rates, too — in this case, with the lowest prepaid rates at $320, 30,000 points per night doesn’t make a whole lot of sense, considering TPG’s latest valuation of 1.8 cents per Hyatt point. Still, in some cases, you could come out far ahead by using your points, so don’t rule out that option just because of the potential savings with this new prepaid rate.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees