This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Several hotel chains frequently run bonus points promotions — especially during the summer, when business travel tends to drop a bit in some key markets. Marriott and SPG are offering a bonus through July 20, Hilton’s issuing double points through August 31 and IHG has relaunched its popular Accelerate bonus. Now it’s Hyatt’s turn to incentive members to book a summer stay.
In addition to the already-announced bonus on MLife stays through July 31, Hyatt’s offering the opportunity to earn 2,500 bonus points on stays of at least five nights at Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency hotels. To be eligible, you must register here by July 15, and complete your stay by August 31.
TPG values Hyatt points at 1.8 cents apiece, making this bonus worth $45 each time you earn it. Note that if you’re booking multiple rooms, only the one you stay in is eligible for this bonus. Bonus points will post within three weeks of checkout. There’s no limit to how many points you can earn as part of this promotion.
While Hyatt’s promotion isn’t quite as flexible or generous as those offered by some key competitors, it’s worth registering even if you don’t have a qualifying stay planned right now — be sure to sign up here by July 15, and complete your stay by August 31 to snag those 2,500 points.
Featured image courtesy of Grand Hyatt Baha Mar.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees