This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Several hotel chains frequently run bonus points promotions — especially during the summer, when business travel tends to drop a bit in some key markets. Marriott and SPG are offering a bonus through July 20, Hilton’s issuing double points through August 31 and IHG has relaunched its popular Accelerate bonus. Now it’s Hyatt’s turn to incentive members to book a summer stay.
In addition to the already-announced bonus on MLife stays through July 31, Hyatt’s offering the opportunity to earn 2,500 bonus points on stays of at least five nights at Grand Hyatt and Hyatt Regency hotels. To be eligible, you must register here by July 15, and complete your stay by August 31.
TPG values Hyatt points at 1.8 cents apiece, making this bonus worth $45 each time you earn it. Note that if you’re booking multiple rooms, only the one you stay in is eligible for this bonus. Bonus points will post within three weeks of checkout. There’s no limit to how many points you can earn as part of this promotion.
While Hyatt’s promotion isn’t quite as flexible or generous as those offered by some key competitors, it’s worth registering even if you don’t have a qualifying stay planned right now — be sure to sign up here by July 15, and complete your stay by August 31 to snag those 2,500 points.
Featured image courtesy of Grand Hyatt Baha Mar.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards