This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amex is back with another intriguing offer — this time, when it comes to watching your favorite TV shows and movies on Hulu. Targeted Amex card holders can get $5 back after spending $5 or more up to four times.
You’ll get the $5 statement credit after using your enrolled card to make a single purchase of $5 or more at Hulu.com. To get the up to $20 in statement credits, you must spend at least $20 in $5 increments by March 28, 2019.
Keep in mind that you must have been targeted on an American Express card in order to take advantage of this offer. To see if you were targeted, go to your Amex home page and click on each individual card. Scroll down to “Amex Offers and Benefits” on your account homepage, and if you see the offer make sure you click “add to card.” I had the offer on my American Express® Gold Card, Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express and Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express.
I made the switch from cable to Hulu Live earlier this year and haven’t looked back. With it, I get all the live TV channels I would watch with a full cable subscription for a fraction of the price — plus, loads of on-demand content and DVR storage. It’s the perfect fit for travelers, as you can take your content on the go, while also allowing those at home to be able to watch live TV at the same time. At $39.99 per month for Hulu Live (the service is currently offering one week for free), this Amex offer will end up saving me $20 on my membership. Keep in mind, too, that Hulu also offers a basic streaming plan for $7.99 per month, meaning you could take advantage of this Amex offer even with the most basic membership.
Featured image by Ted Soqui / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees