How We Got the Hyatt Place Breakfast Story Wrong
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dear TPG readers:
We are proud to bring you, every day, the best points and miles, travel and aviation content on the web — and we are thrilled that every month six million of you read it. And we intend to keep honoring this trust. But, on Monday, we published a story we are not proud of.
In our article about the refresh of the Hyatt Place brand, we originally described a series of changes in the guest experience as being a net positive. In fact, as many of you noted in the comments section, the changes represented a devaluation for most customers. Plain and simple: We got it wrong.
In particular, the discontinuation of free breakfast for all customers, making it available instead to World of Hyatt members who book direct from the hotel, is an important devaluation for people who book through third parties such as online travel agencies.
The urge to bring you news as fast as possible superseded our journalistic commitment to look out for you, the TPG readers.
As we celebrate our eighth anniversary with all of you, we want you to know that we apologize for that mistake, and vow to do better. We hope you will continue to follow us with the same passion — and to call us out when you think we got it wrong.
Alberto Riva, Managing Editor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees