This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
No, you’re not dreaming. Starbucks is offering customers free coffee and tea through the month of January. That is, if you purchase its 16-ounce 2019 Brewed Refill Tumbler.
The tumbler, currently retailing for $40 (which should bring you closer to gaining that coveted Starbucks Gold Status) in any Starbucks store while supplies last. It has an understated, stainless steel design — so you can use it year-round without feeling like you’re overdoing the Christmas thing when the holidays are long over — with an insulated interior, to keep your beverage of choice at the optimal temperature.
The promotion itself is simple. All you have to do is bring your tumbler into any Starbucks to get your selection of free brewed hot coffee (such as Blonde Roast, Pike Place and more) or tea (such as Green, Mint Majesty and more) every day until Jan. 31.
According to some math done by Delish, when you purchase the tumbler, you’re actually saving $50 if you’re a daily coffee drinker use the promotion for the full month. Plus, you get a stainless steel tumbler that you can use whenever you please. Lastly, when purchasing your Starbucks tumbler, make sure you’re using the best credit card for dining purchases like the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (3x points on dining) or the American Express® Gold Card (4x points at US restaurants), so you can earn points and miles while staying caffeinated. Plus, until the end of 2018, your Chase Sapphire Reserve will match the 4x on US dining offered by cards like the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express® Gold Card, so long as you pay via your digital wallet.
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards