How to Get Free Starbucks for the Entire Month of January
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
No, you’re not dreaming. Starbucks is offering customers free coffee and tea through the month of January. That is, if you purchase its 16-ounce 2019 Brewed Refill Tumbler.
The tumbler, currently retailing for $40 (which should bring you closer to gaining that coveted Starbucks Gold Status) in any Starbucks store while supplies last. It has an understated, stainless steel design — so you can use it year-round without feeling like you’re overdoing the Christmas thing when the holidays are long over — with an insulated interior, to keep your beverage of choice at the optimal temperature.
The promotion itself is simple. All you have to do is bring your tumbler into any Starbucks to get your selection of free brewed hot coffee (such as Blonde Roast, Pike Place and more) or tea (such as Green, Mint Majesty and more) every day until Jan. 31.
According to some math done by Delish, when you purchase the tumbler, you’re actually saving $50 if you’re a daily coffee drinker use the promotion for the full month. Plus, you get a stainless steel tumbler that you can use whenever you please. Lastly, when purchasing your Starbucks tumbler, make sure you’re using the best credit card for dining purchases like the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (3x points on dining) or the American Express® Gold Card (4x points on dining), so you can earn points and miles while staying caffeinated. Plus, until the end of 2018, your Chase Sapphire Reserve will match the 4x on US dining offered by cards like the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express® Gold Card, so long as you pay via your digital wallet. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.