This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
No, you’re not dreaming. Starbucks is offering customers free coffee and tea through the month of January. That is, if you purchase its 16-ounce 2019 Brewed Refill Tumbler.
The tumbler, currently retailing for $40 (which should bring you closer to gaining that coveted Starbucks Gold Status) in any Starbucks store while supplies last. It has an understated, stainless steel design — so you can use it year-round without feeling like you’re overdoing the Christmas thing when the holidays are long over — with an insulated interior, to keep your beverage of choice at the optimal temperature.
The promotion itself is simple. All you have to do is bring your tumbler into any Starbucks to get your selection of free brewed hot coffee (such as Blonde Roast, Pike Place and more) or tea (such as Green, Mint Majesty and more) every day until Jan. 31.
According to some math done by Delish, when you purchase the tumbler, you’re actually saving $50 if you’re a daily coffee drinker use the promotion for the full month. Plus, you get a stainless steel tumbler that you can use whenever you please. Lastly, when purchasing your Starbucks tumbler, make sure you’re using the best credit card for dining purchases like the Chase Sapphire Reserve card (3x points on dining) or the American Express® Gold Card (4x points on dining), so you can earn points and miles while staying caffeinated. Plus, until the end of 2018, your Chase Sapphire Reserve will match the 4x on US dining offered by cards like the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and American Express® Gold Card, so long as you pay via your digital wallet.
Featured photo by garett_mosher/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees