This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whole Foods fans are in luck. Amazon sent out emails to Prime Rewards Visa cardholders notifying them of a fantastic offer when shopping at the health-focused grocery store.
Between Dec. 17-24, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Cardmembers can earn 10% back on Whole Foods Market purchases. There’s a $400 cap on how much you can earn, but that would mean you’d have to spend $4,000 at the store during the next week.
If you aren’t an Amazon Prime member and hold the Amazon Rewards Visa, you’re still eligible for double earnings, meaning 6% back instead of the normal 3%.
Since most people won’t be able to spend $4,000 on groceries during the next week, buying gift cards could be a great way to maximize this promotion. Although Amazon states in the deal’s terms that gift cards aren’t eligible for the increased cash back, past data points confirm that purchasing gift cards at the super market will work.
Whole Foods sells Amazon gift cards, so you could potentially stock up on Amazon credits at a great discount. Just be aware that it’s not guaranteed you’ll earn the 10% back, so hope for the best but expect the worst.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card doesn’t carry an annual fee but you’ll have to be an Amazon Prime member to hold the card, which costs $120 a year. TPG does recommend it as one of the best credit cards for Amazon and Whole Foods purchases, and if you don’t have the product, check out our list of the best credit cards for groceries..
To see more about the 10% back offer, log in to your Amazon account and click here.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards