This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whole Foods fans are in luck. Amazon sent out emails to Prime Rewards Visa cardholders notifying them of a fantastic offer when shopping at the health-focused grocery store.
Between Dec. 17-24, Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Cardmembers can earn 10% back on Whole Foods Market purchases. There’s a $400 cap on how much you can earn, but that would mean you’d have to spend $4,000 at the store during the next week.
If you aren’t an Amazon Prime member and hold the Amazon Rewards Visa, you’re still eligible for double earnings, meaning 6% back instead of the normal 3%.
Since most people won’t be able to spend $4,000 on groceries during the next week, buying gift cards could be a great way to maximize this promotion. Although Amazon states in the deal’s terms that gift cards aren’t eligible for the increased cash back, past data points confirm that purchasing gift cards at the super market will work.
Whole Foods sells Amazon gift cards, so you could potentially stock up on Amazon credits at a great discount. Just be aware that it’s not guaranteed you’ll earn the 10% back, so hope for the best but expect the worst.
The Amazon Prime Rewards card doesn’t carry an annual fee but you’ll have to be an Amazon Prime member to hold the card, which costs $120 a year. TPG does recommend it as one of the best credit cards for Amazon and Whole Foods purchases, and if you don’t have the product, check out our list of the best credit cards for groceries..
To see more about the 10% back offer, log in to your Amazon account and click here.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Featured image by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees