The Easy Way to Get Discounts on Select Upcoming Hotel Stays — Vote!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tuesday, Nov. 6, is Election Day in the United States. While some travel companies like Uber and Lyft are doing their part to help voters get to the polls on Tuesday with free or discounted rides, other travel companies are also offering voters discounts and deals once they prove they’ve voted.
Several hotels around the country are offering guests discounts on stays and dining just for showing proof of having voted in the midterm elections. Several hotels in New York, California and Boston are offering the discounts either for the cost of your stay or the cost of your meal at its restaurant.
See below for complete details fo the properties offering discounts for voting:
Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, MA — If you wear your “I Voted” sticker on Nov. 6, you’ll get 10% off all food at the Fairmont Copley Plaza’s OAK Long Bar + Kitchen. The 10% discount applies to food orders.
Claremont Club & Spa, Berkeley, CA — Voters will get 20% off all food and beverage purchases made at Claremont Club & Spa’s Limewood Bar & Restaurant on Nov. 6. You must show your “I Voted” sticker.
InterContinenal Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills — If you voted in the Nov. 6 elections, you’ll be able to receive 15% off your next stay at the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills. Eligible bookings must be made between Nov. 9 and Dec. 30, 2018 and completed by the end of 2018. When booking, you must use the promo code IVOTED18 and show your “I Voted” sticker upon checking in to the property as proof. To book, call 1-800-327-0200. Space is subject to availability, and blackout dates (presumably around the holidays) apply.
Box House Hotel properties, Brooklyn, NY — The Box House Hotel Group is offering a 15% savings off of nightly rates at select properties. You’ll be able to get the discount at The Box House Hotel, Franklin Guesthouse and Henry Norman Hotel in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. In order to get the 15% discount, you must make your reservation on Nov. 6, for travel between Dec. 1, 2018, and March 15, 2019. Book on Nov. 6 using the promo code VOTEBHG2018, and note that blackout dates apply. You’ll have to show your “I Voted” sticker when checking in as proof of having voted.
Featured image courtesy of Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.