Hotels.com Rewards Visa card offering 3 reward nights for new cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you find yourself traveling to a destination without your favorite hotel brand — or if hotel loyalty isn’t part of your travel style — you’ll be excited to know that the Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card just launched an elevated welcome offer that provides solid value for new cardholders, especially considering the card has no annual fee (see rates and fees).
Let’s look at the welcome offer, what it’s worth and why this card might merit a place in your wallet.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hotels.com Rewards Visa current offer
New applicants for the Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card can earn three reward nights worth up to $375 total (each night has a maximum value of $125). This offer comes in two tiers: Earn two reward nights worth $250 total (maximum of $125 per night) when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of cardmembership. You can earn another reward night worth up to $125 when you spend $4,000 on total purchases within the first six months.
It’s important to note that the reward nights are worth up to $125 (excluding taxes and fees, which must be paid separately on all stays). If your night costs less than $125, you won’t receive the difference as a rebate. However, if you choose a property with a nightly rate of more than $125, you can still use the reward nights but must pay the difference in price (and are responsible for all taxes and fees). The card has no annual fee.
Cardholders will also participate in the Hotels.com Rewards program. As a cardholder, you will collect one stamp each time you spend $500 on purchases with your card and one stamp for every night you stay at any eligible property booked on Hotels.com. When you collect 10 stamps, you’ll get one reward night to redeem on future bookings through Hotels.com.
With Hotels.com, you can choose from over 500,000 properties in countries around the world. Cardholders will also enjoy Silver membership exclusives, such as free breakfast, airport transfers, free Wi-Fi and more at selected properties for as long as the card is active.
Other key perks of cardmembership include no foreign currency conversion fees and cellphone protection. When you pay your monthly cellphone bill with the card, you’ll get up to $600 in coverage against damage or theft (subject to a $25 deductible). Additionally, cardmembers can receive reimbursement for a nonrefundable passenger fare if a trip is interrupted or canceled for a covered reason and you paid for your fare with your card.
These are solid perks for a card with no annual fee, and the current welcome offer makes now a great time to apply.
Hotels.com is a great place to book hotels when you aren’t worrying about loyalty to a particular brand or are heading to a destination where your favorite brand doesn’t have any hotels. If you find yourself frequently looking for accommodations with Hotels.com, the elevated welcome offer from the Hotels.com Rewards Visa provides great value — along with quality ongoing perks and no annual fee.
If you’ve been considering this card, now could be a perfect time to apply.
Official application link: Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card
Featured photo by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees