This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel reviews are a critical determinant in the booking process for many travelers. This is especially true for travelers who aren’t necessarily loyal to a certain hotel chain. Unfortunately, some newer properties don’t always have a large selection of reviews.
Now, one popular accommodations booking site is looking to change that. Hotels.com customers are being incentivized to leave reviews after completing their stay at new-ish hotels with a limited number of reviews, as reported on One Mile At A Time. In exchange for a review, customers can earn a free night credit, good towards the free-night program.
If you’re targeted for this offer, Hotels.com will notify you via email. The email will read like any other email asking you to leave feedback but features a voucher for additional free night credits. Essentially, Hotels.com will give members who complete select reviews one free night credit in addition to the credit already earned per stay. So, if you stay one night at eligible properties, you could receive 2 free night credits. After accruing 10 free night credits, members receive a free night.
Hotels.com is a fantastic booking site that offers some pretty solid deals and the Hotels.com Rewards program is very straightforward. When you earn 10 nights, you get one free night. That free night is the value of the average of all 10 stays. So, a free night credit just for leaving some quick feedback is actually a great incentive, especially if you’re a big Hotels.com user.
This offer appears to be ongoing, and we aren’t able to pinpoint an end date or additional concrete offer details. It also seems to be a targeted promotion, so there are no published criteria for which hotels, stays and members are eligible. Nonetheless, make sure you keep an eye on your inbox if you’ve recently completed a stay booked through Hotels.com.
TPG has reached out to Hotels.com for more information and will update this post with any additional details.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards