This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel reviews are a critical determinant in the booking process for many travelers. This is especially true for travelers who aren’t necessarily loyal to a certain hotel chain. Unfortunately, some newer properties don’t always have a large selection of reviews.
Now, one popular accommodations booking site is looking to change that. Hotels.com customers are being incentivized to leave reviews after completing their stay at new-ish hotels with a limited number of reviews, as reported on One Mile At A Time. In exchange for a review, customers can earn a free night credit, good towards the free-night program.
If you’re targeted for this offer, Hotels.com will notify you via email. The email will read like any other email asking you to leave feedback but features a voucher for additional free night credits. Essentially, Hotels.com will give members who complete select reviews one free night credit in addition to the credit already earned per stay. So, if you stay one night at eligible properties, you could receive 2 free night credits. After accruing 10 free night credits, members receive a free night.
Hotels.com is a fantastic booking site that offers some pretty solid deals and the Hotels.com Rewards program is very straightforward. When you earn 10 nights, you get one free night. That free night is the value of the average of all 10 stays. So, a free night credit just for leaving some quick feedback is actually a great incentive, especially if you’re a big Hotels.com user.
This offer appears to be ongoing, and we aren’t able to pinpoint an end date or additional concrete offer details. It also seems to be a targeted promotion, so there are no published criteria for which hotels, stays and members are eligible. Nonetheless, make sure you keep an eye on your inbox if you’ve recently completed a stay booked through Hotels.com.
TPG has reached out to Hotels.com for more information and will update this post with any additional details.
H/T: One Mile At A Time
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image by Darren Murph / The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees