This trending Twitter thread of useful hotel room hacks is actually pretty great
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Travel hacks: We thought we knew them all. From how to best use Google Flights to find cheap airfare to redeeming your miles for the most value to finding award availability — even when it doesn’t seem to be there — we love bringing you our favorite tips and tricks for (an even better) life on the road or up in the air.
Now, there’s a thread of Twitter users sharing some lesser known hotel room hacks that has the internet abuzz and we have to admit: some of the tips are pretty great.
The whole thread started after one user shared a travel hack for getting a good night’s rest in a hotel when the curtains just won’t shut:
We’ve all been there: After a long day (or night) of traveling you hit the bed in your hotel room, hoping for some solid shut eye, only to realize the curtains are too short to close, letting in just enough to keep you from falling asleep. The good news is that as long as there’s a hangar with clips hanging in your closet, crisis easily averted. Simply pinch the two curtains together with the hangar and wait for the darkness to sink in.
On the heels of this great hanger hack, a whole conversation opened up about other ways travelers have proved to be innovative while on the road. Here are some of our favorites that we’re taking note of:
For those who travel germ-free like Naomi Campbell, this hack is sure to be a game changer — no wipes required.
If you have work to get done and you don’t want to depend on the less-than-reliable hotel Wi-Fi, take notes from this savvy traveler.
We’ve all been there: everything is packed and you think you’re good to go, but when you arrive at your destination you realize the one thing you forgot was the holy charger. Fear not, this traveler’s got it down.
Now, if only there was a good hack for not forgetting your charger at the hotel…
And for the thirsty, take note from this guy.
(Oh, and thanks for the TPG shout out!)
It’s always nice when travelers can come together and share what they’ve learned over the years. Do you have any travel hacks? We’d love to hear them in the comments.
Featured photo courtesy of Rick Klau
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees