Starbucks Holiday Drinks Will Be About 50% off Thursday Afternoon for Members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Need an extra dose of caffeine while you make your holiday rush to the airport, scramble to finish shopping or deal with the odd branches of your family tree?
You’re in luck.
Thursday after 3pm, many Starbucks stores across the US are bringing back the chain’s happy hour promotion, with most holiday drinks just $3 (about half the normal price). The offer is exclusive to Starbucks Rewards members, as well as customers who aren’t registered Rewards members but have signed up to receive happy hour email offers.
To cash in the discount, pull up the offer in the Starbucks app (or your inbox), order one of the qualifying holiday drinks from a participating Starbucks store and tell the barista you’d like to redeem the discount. It also can be applied when ordering ahead through the app.
Festive beverages included as part of the promotion are: hot chocolate, Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Caramel Brulée Latte, Chestnut Praline Latte, Eggnog Latte, Chai Eggnog Latte, Gingerbread Latte, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Salted Caramel Mocha, Maple Pecan Latte and Juniper Latte. The offer includes hot, iced, blended and crème versions of all the drinks.
The offer excludes hot and ice brewed coffee, ready-to-drink beverages and Starbucks Reserve drinks.
Don’t forget to use the right credit card to earn the most points on a Starbucks purchase. And, if you load that credit card into the Starbucks app and pay with the app at the register, you will earn 2 Starbucks Stars per dollar spent.
Featured image by Joshua Trujillo/Starbucks.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.