Holiday Alert: Alaska Airlines Will Let You Fly a Case of Wine for Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The holidays are approaching, and for some of us, that means catching up with friends and family over wine—and a lot of it.
Alaska Airlines wants to remind travelers that yes, those 12 bottles you bought in Wine Country can fly free. One catch, you have to be an Alaskan Mileage Plan member.
By adding your Mileage Plan number to your reservation on an Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, or SkyWest flight, you’ll receive a $25 fee waiver to check one case of wine on flights within the US departing from participating West Coast cities. Only 28 cities participate across California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
A case consists of 12 bottles and must be packed and sealed in a protective shipping container. Alaska will mark the package as fragile, but will only cover the cost if the package is lost—you can check your wine bottles at your own risk. TSA also has the right to inspect the package during transport, but will reseal it if need be.
Your wine can depart for free from the following airports:
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- Palm Springs
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- San Luis Obispo
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Rosa
- Walla Walla
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.