Targeted: Here’s how you can earn up to 39 Hilton Honors points per dollar
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re a Hilton cardholder, you’ll want to check your email (and maybe your spam folder) for a special end-of-year bonus: You could earn five additional Hilton Honors bonus points per dollar spent on eligible purchases until Dec.4, up to a $1,000 limit.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The offer is targeted to specific users, and seems to have have been sent out across several different cards in the Hilton Amex card family, according to Doctor of Credit. Hilton Honors Aspire Card American Express Aspire cardholder and TPG Global Editor Emily McNutt received the offer in her email inbox this morning. However, I did not receive the message despite being a fellow Hilton Aspire cardholder, nor was I eligible for the promotion when I checked directly on the American Express website.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you’re eligible for the promotion, you can enroll your card here. You’ll need a unique 14-digit RSVP code which will have been included in your mailed or email notification. It doesn’t hurt to go directly to this step and check your card, just in case, but you’ll most likely receive the same notification I did: The 5 bonus Hilton Honors points from this promotion are awarded on top of the points you usually would earn on this card. Here’s a legend of your earn rate on the Hilton Aspire, for example:
14x (plus 5x bonus) Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases on this card at participating hotels or resorts within the Hilton portfolio
7x (plus 5x bonus) Hilton Honors bonus points for eligible purchases on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com , on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and at U.S. restaurants.
3x (plus 5x bonus) Hilton Honors bonus points for all other eligible purchases
TPG currently values Hilton Honors points at 0.6 cents apiece, so even the lowest rate of earning on the Hilton Aspire jumps from 1.8 cents per dollar to 4.8 cents per dollar, up to the $1,000 cap on this promotion. And for Hilton hotel bookings at the accelerated earn rate of 19x per dollar, you’d earn 11.4 cents per dollar — or in real math, $114 back on a $1,000 hotel reservation.
Here’s where a second bonus earning tier kicks in: If you hold the Hilton Honors Aspire card, you automatically qualify for complimentary Hilton Diamond status alongside of it. And one of the benefits of being a Diamond elite is a 100% point bonus for Hilton stays — 20 points per dollar at most Hilton properties. So Aspire cardholders earn a total of 34 points per dollar on most Hilton stays; a 20.4% return in TPG valuations. And Aspire cardholders targeted for this promo will earn a whopping 39 points per dollar spent on most Hilton property bookings, which is worth 23.4% in savings, or $234 worth of points on your next $1,000 hotel reservation.
Of course, terms and conditions apply:
- You’ll have to enroll for this offer to apply to the next $1,000 of eligible spend on the card. Eligible purchases include goods and services, minus returns and other credits.
- Ineligible purchases include fees, interest charges, gift cards, prepaid cards (purchase or reload) and other cash-equivalent purchases.
- Eligible purchases can be made by either the primary cardholder or by any additional cardholders on the same account.
- You cannot cancel your Hilton card or have a past-due balance at the time of fulfillment.
- The offer ends Dec. 4, 2019; any spend that posts to your account after midnight on that date will not count toward your bonus.
- The bonus Hilton Honors points from this promotion will be credited 2-4 weeks after the offer ends on Dec. 4, and will post to your Hilton Honors account 6-8 weeks after the end of your billing period.
- The offer is exclusive for targeted cardholders and cannot be transferred.
Interestingly enough, the terms do not state that the bonus doesn’t apply to existing reservations. So if you are targeted and enroll now, you could theoretically call Amex and ask if they would honor this promotion for an existing hotel booking you’ve already paid for. Chances are slim, but it never hurts to ask.
Featured photo courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees