Hilton launches new promotion with the ability to earn up to triple points for stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As travel continues to return, Hilton’s Honors program is offering a new promotion to members so they can enhance their rewards earning as they begin to leave home and get on the road once again.
Hilton’s latest promotion offers elevated bonus-point earning potential as well as an offer for new members of the Honors program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Let’s take a look at the details of each offer:
More Nights, More Points
The latest “More Nights, More Points” promotion awards double bonus points on stays of one or two nights and three times the bonus points on stays of three nights or longer.
This elevated earning is in addition to the points you’d already earn for eligible hotel spend. And, you could get a pretty amazing return, especially if you have elite status with Hilton and have a Hilton credit card in your wallet.
In fact, if you’re a top-tier Diamond member with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, you could earn up to 54 points per dollar spent on when completing a qualifying stay at any Hilton brand (except for Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton hotels) of three nights or longer. You’ll earn triple bonus points through the promo (30 points per dollar), an extra 10 points per dollar if you’re a Diamond member and another 14x points by using the Hilton Aspire card to pay for your stay. That represents a massive 32.4% return based on TPG’s valuations.
The information for the Hilton Aspire Amex Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The promotion will run from May 3 through Sept. 6, 2021. Registration is required to participate in the promotion. To do so, either go to this page or log into your Hilton Honors account, click the ‘My Offers’ link and then the ‘Eligible Offers’ tab.
New member bonus
Besides offering bonus points to existing members, Hilton is offering extra points to new Honors members. Anyone who signs up for a new Honors account through Dec. 31, 2021 is eligible to earn up to 5,000 bonus points: 3,000 after their first stay and an additional 2,000 after their second stay within six months of joining the program.
New members are also eligible to enroll in the More Nights, More Points promotion.
Reduced elite-status thresholds
Hilton has reduced the qualification thresholds to achieve status in the Honors program by 50% this year.
Now, you need just two stays, five nights or 12,500 base points for low-tier Silver status; 10 stays, 20 nights or 37,500 base points for mid-tier Gold and 15 stays, 30 nights or 60,000 base points for top-tier Diamond status. However, keep in mind that you can get automatic Hilton Honors elite status every year with a cobranded Hilton card.
2021 is the year travel is returning, and Hilton is ready to reward those who are heading back out into the world with ways to earn more points for their stays.
Thanks to this double- and triple-bonus-point offer, you can earn some very high returns for your upcoming Hilton stays, especially if you pair it with any elite status you may have and/or Hilton cobranded credit cards in your wallet.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees