Hilton Made $164 Million in Q3, Says 29k New Rooms to Come
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton’s third quarter results are public information as of Wednesday morning, with several noteworthy highlights.
The global hotel brand approved 29,200 new rooms for development in Q3, increasing Hilton’s total pipeline to 371,000 rooms – an 11% increase from 2017. Part of the growth stems from newly-announced urban lifestyle micro-hotel brand Motto by Hilton, which will launch in 2019.
Hilton’s net income for the quarter was $164 million, a modest increase from Q3 2017. The quarterly earnings per share (EPS) was $0.54, up 10% from the same time last year. Adjusted for special items, Hilton’s EPS was $0.77 – up 38% from the same period in 2017. The hotel group also repurchased more than 1.5 million shares of Hilton common stock for an aggregate cost of $122 million in Q3, and also returned $1.7 billion to stockholders through October in the form of share repurchases and dividends.
Featured photo courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees