Get up to 30% off Hilton hotels in India and Southeast Asia with new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you’re planning a trip to India or Southeast Asia soon (hello, Maldives!) then listen up because there’s a promotion that can net you some serious savings.
Here’s what you need to know.
From now through October 28, you can save up to 30% off on hotels in Southeast Asia and India. That includes countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Thailand. If you’re staying in a Southeast Asia property, your stay must be completed between October 19 and June 30, 2020. If you’re a Hilton Honors member, you will receive an additional discount of 10%.
If you’re staying at a Hilton hotel in India, you must complete your stay between October 17 and January 11, 2020. Hilton Honors members will receive an additional discount of 5%. Note that there may be blackout rates and vary by property.
While I’m seeing more budget-friendly Hilton brands like the Doubletree and Hilton Garden Inn, I’m also seeing luxury brands such as Waldorf and Curio. Right now, I’m seeing hotels such as the Hilton Garden Inn Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North in Kuala Lumpur starting at just $29 a night.
I’m also seeing a beach villa at the Conrad Maldives Hotel on Rangali Island starting at just $497 a night which is a steal, considering base rooms can go for over $1,000 a night and the overwater bungalows can exceed $2,000 a night. TPG himself stayed in 2014 and enjoyed the two on-site spas and scuba diving. If you’re interested in traveling to Bangkok, I was able to find a two-night stay at The Waldorf Astoria Bangkok in February for as low as $237 a night, lower than the published rate.
If you’re thinking about adding a Hilton card to your wallet, know that you have several options from American Express. There are currently four different Hilton-branded cards on the market; three personal cards and one small business card:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express
For the Hilton Honors American Express Card, you’ll earn 80,000 points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months of opening your account. You’ll also receive 7 points per dollar spent at Hilton hotels, 5 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations, and 3 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
The Surpass Card offers 130,000 bonus points after you use your card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership. You’ll also get 12 points per dollar spent at Hilton hotels, 6 points per dollar spent at US restaurants, US supermarkets and US gas stations, and 3 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
You’ll earn 130,000 points on the Hilton Business Card after meeting the spending requirement, which is $3,000 within the first three months. You’ll also earn 12 points per dollar spent at Hilton hotels, 6 points per dollar spent on wireless services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping, at U.S restaurants and U.S. gas stations, on flights booked directly with airlines and through Amex Travel and on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and 3 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Lastly, you’ll earn 150,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months of opening the Aspire Card. You’ll get 14 points per dollar spent at Hilton hotels, 7 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies, and 3 points per dollar on all other eligible purchases. You’ll also enjoy a host of valuable perks, including automatic Hilton Honors Diamond status.
Featured image courtesy of Conrad Maldives
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees