Hilton Honors Status Changes, TSA PreCheck Adds Airlines and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
A story about a passenger flying alone on a Delta plane went viral earlier this week. Turns out, it didn’t actually go down that way all. Here’s how it really happened.
Years ago, TSA PreCheck was mostly limited to the major US airlines. Now, the program has expanded to five more international carriers including Austrian Airlines, Interjet, PAL Express, Swoop, and VivaAerobus.
As of August 15, anyone eligible for a status match with Hilton Honors will be matched to Gold status for 90 days, rather than Diamond.
Good news: if you haven’t booked your early 2020 vacation flights and want to score the best possible deal, there’s still time — that is, if you fly Southwest.
So, what happens when Fido takes your first-class seat?
Delta Air Lines’ first reconfigured Boeing 767-400ER made its international debut on Monday, operating as Delta Flight 61 from Atlanta to Rio de Janeiro.
It’s not too late to book your Labor Day Weekend getaway. In fact, the best time is probably right now.
Due to a newly discovered fire risk, the FAA has banned select MacBook Pro laptops from being carried on or checked into the cargo holds of aircraft.
Bonvoy just announced that they would be rolling out peak and off-peak pricing on September 14, 2019 — along with some other interesting adjustments.
Love points and miles? Travel? Aviation? Well, we’re seeking new talent to bolster our roster here at TPG. Learn how you can become one of us in the story above.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Feature image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.