Hilton Honors Status Changes, TSA PreCheck Adds Airlines and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
A story about a passenger flying alone on a Delta plane went viral earlier this week. Turns out, it didn’t actually go down that way all. Here’s how it really happened.
Years ago, TSA PreCheck was mostly limited to the major US airlines. Now, the program has expanded to five more international carriers including Austrian Airlines, Interjet, PAL Express, Swoop, and VivaAerobus.
As of August 15, anyone eligible for a status match with Hilton Honors will be matched to Gold status for 90 days, rather than Diamond.
Good news: if you haven’t booked your early 2020 vacation flights and want to score the best possible deal, there’s still time — that is, if you fly Southwest.
So, what happens when Fido takes your first-class seat?
Delta Air Lines’ first reconfigured Boeing 767-400ER made its international debut on Monday, operating as Delta Flight 61 from Atlanta to Rio de Janeiro.
It’s not too late to book your Labor Day Weekend getaway. In fact, the best time is probably right now.
Due to a newly discovered fire risk, the FAA has banned select MacBook Pro laptops from being carried on or checked into the cargo holds of aircraft.
Bonvoy just announced that they would be rolling out peak and off-peak pricing on September 14, 2019 — along with some other interesting adjustments.
Love points and miles? Travel? Aviation? Well, we’re seeking new talent to bolster our roster here at TPG. Learn how you can become one of us in the story above.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Feature image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees