This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While we’d always encourage sampling the local fare — even if you’re staying at a resort large enough to command its own ZIP code — there’s something to be said about taking relaxation to new heights by simply staying put. Hilton is encouraging precisely that with its newest targeted offer, bestowing a $75 daily resort credit on a slew of its resort properties for stays in the Americas through January 31, 2019.
You can’t apply that $75/nightly credit to the room rate, taxes, gratuities, nor “select activities as determined by property,” but “dining, shopping, and relaxing” are fair game. (We’ll hazard a guess that “relaxing” qualifies as “spa treatment” for the purposes of a resort credit.) For those who prefer to stay put and enjoy the bars and eateries onsite, it’s a deal worth considering.
Per the terms and conditions (and verified in our searching), only those who receive the targeted email from Hilton will see the special rate as an option when searching. If you’re amongst that crowd, you can peek the complete list of participating resorts right here.
If you do take advantage, you’ll want to use a credit card that earns bonuses on travel purchases. Amex’s new Hilton co-brand cards are great options:
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card (14x Honors points for Hilton purchases)
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card (12x Honors points for Hilton purchases)
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card (12x Honors points for Hilton purchases)
- Hilton Honors Card from American Express (7x Honors points on Hilton purchases)
Featured image courtesy of the author.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees