Here’s Your Chance to Design the Next Great Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ever wonder what airports will look like 50 years from now?
Well, here is an opportunity to put that imagination to work. Fentress Architects is hosting its annual international design competition, and entrants are being asked to produce the most innovative concept for an airport terminal in 2075. The winner will also score a sweet $10,000.
Participants of the Fentress Global Challenge (FGC) are being encouraged to reconstruct the current day airport terminal by improving its “every dimension.” Meaning that entries should focus on either mobility, urbanization, globalization, technology, flexibility, security, project feasibility and passenger experience. These ideas can be displayed in photographs, diagrams, renderings, animations, collages or other visualizations.
As for the designs themselves, they must center on one of these airports or one of comparable size: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK), London Heathrow International Airport (LHR), Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Tokyo Haneda Airport (HND), Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG), Dallas/Fort Worth Airport (DFW), Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Hong Kong International Airport (HKG).
Featured image of “The Urban Form of Aviation, HEATHROW” by Jia Yapp courtesy of Fentress Architects.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees