Here’s your chance to buy Flying Blue miles with a 75% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying Blue, the award program of Air France and KLM, happens to be one of the easiest programs with which to acquire miles. As a transfer partner of five major currencies, it’s never difficult to find ways to top up your Flying Blue balance.
However, if you’ve run out of transferable points, Flying Blue currently has a promotion awarding you 75% bonus points if you purchase more than 4,000 miles. While this isn’t the best promotion we’ve seen, it can still present a pretty compelling option.
Here’s the cost breakdown:
- 2,000 miles €55 ($60)
- 4,000 + 3,000 miles €110 ($121)
- 10,000 + 7,500 miles €275 ($303)
- 20,000 + 15,000 miles €550 ($606)
- 30,000 + 22,500 miles €825 ($910)
- 40,000 + 30,000 miles €1,100 ($1,213)
- 50,000 + 37,500 €1,375 ($1,517)
- 60,000 + 45,000 €1,650 ($1,820)
- 70,000 + 52,500 €1,925 ($2,124)
- 75,000 +56,250 €2062.50 ($2,275)
There are several variations of this, so make sure to check the page for the mileage you need. At this rate, you’re buying miles at 1.72 cents each, and though TPG values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, you can certainly find outsized value with these miles, especially with monthly promo awards, which offer a 25-50% discount on award redemptions.
Flying Blue miles purchases are processed by Points.com, so you generally won’t get any travel category bonuses from this purchase. Make sure to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Based on TPG’s valuations, the Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express’s 2x Membership Rewards (on the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year; then 1x thereafter) or Chase Freedom Unlimited’s 1.5% cash back would be the most rewarding choices.
Feature photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.