Here’s your chance to buy Flying Blue miles with a 75% bonus
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying Blue, the award program of Air France and KLM, happens to be one of the easiest programs with which to acquire miles. As a transfer partner of five major currencies, it’s never difficult to find ways to top up your Flying Blue balance.
However, if you’ve run out of transferable points, Flying Blue currently has a promotion awarding you 75% bonus points if you purchase more than 4,000 miles. While this isn’t the best promotion we’ve seen, it can still present a pretty compelling option.
Here’s the cost breakdown:
- 2,000 miles €55 ($60)
- 4,000 + 3,000 miles €110 ($121)
- 10,000 + 7,500 miles €275 ($303)
- 20,000 + 15,000 miles €550 ($606)
- 30,000 + 22,500 miles €825 ($910)
- 40,000 + 30,000 miles €1,100 ($1,213)
- 50,000 + 37,500 €1,375 ($1,517)
- 60,000 + 45,000 €1,650 ($1,820)
- 70,000 + 52,500 €1,925 ($2,124)
- 75,000 +56,250 €2062.50 ($2,275)
There are several variations of this, so make sure to check the page for the mileage you need. At this rate, you’re buying miles at 1.72 cents each, and though TPG values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, you can certainly find outsized value with these miles, especially with monthly promo awards, which offer a 25-50% discount on award redemptions.
Flying Blue miles purchases are processed by Points.com, so you generally won’t get any travel category bonuses from this purchase. Make sure to use the best non-bonus category credit card for your situation. Based on TPG’s valuations, the Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express’s 2x Membership Rewards (on the first $50,000 in purchases per calendar year; then 1x thereafter) or Chase Freedom Unlimited’s 1.5% cash back would be the most rewarding choices.
Feature photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees