This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tuesday marks National Business Traveler Day (NBTD), a holiday dedicated to honoring and celebrating the business traveler. Upside Business Travel is heading the new initiative along with over 20 travel companies and media organizations to bring live celebrations and prizes to business travelers across the US.
According to Upside, Americans take nearly 2 million business trips every workday. For the first-ever NBTD, prizes will be given away prizes to those busy business travelers in select airports. Business travelers will find NBTD Lounges at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Terminal 2, Dallas (DFW) Terminal C, and New York JFK Terminal 5. Each lounge will have refreshments, comfortable seating and charging stations.
Also, NBTD will be taking over four XpresSpa stores in JFK Terminal 8, San Francisco (SFO) Terminal 2, Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 5 and Westfield World Trade Center in NYC on Tuesday where Wall Street Journal readers will be treated to complimentary spa services.
“National Business Traveler Day marks a new day for business travelers,”Jay Walker, chairman of Upside and founder of Priceline said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to be joined by 23 leading companies across the country, including many of the largest travel companies, to celebrate April 24th as a day to honor our nation’s business travelers.”
Upside Business Travel also invites business travelers to participate in the Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes for a chance to win a variety of prizes. Some of the prizes for the sweepstakes include:
- Two roundtrip international business class tickets from United Airlines (valued at 7,500 each)
- $5,000 off car rental credit and other prizes from Hertz
- $25,000 worth of pre-paid gift cards from Master Card
- The Grand Prize is free domestic first-class upgrades on flights for 20 years
Enter for your chance to win here.
Photo by Tempura/Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees