Here’s What’s Happening Tuesday for National Business Traveler Day
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tuesday marks National Business Traveler Day (NBTD), a holiday dedicated to honoring and celebrating the business traveler. Upside Business Travel is heading the new initiative along with over 20 travel companies and media organizations to bring live celebrations and prizes to business travelers across the US.
According to Upside, Americans take nearly 2 million business trips every workday. For the first-ever NBTD, prizes will be given away prizes to those busy business travelers in select airports. Business travelers will find NBTD Lounges at Chicago O’Hare (ORD) Terminal 2, Dallas (DFW) Terminal C, and New York JFK Terminal 5. Each lounge will have refreshments, comfortable seating and charging stations.
Also, NBTD will be taking over four XpresSpa stores in JFK Terminal 8, San Francisco (SFO) Terminal 2, Los Angeles (LAX) Terminal 5 and Westfield World Trade Center in NYC on Tuesday where Wall Street Journal readers will be treated to complimentary spa services.
“National Business Traveler Day marks a new day for business travelers,”Jay Walker, chairman of Upside and founder of Priceline said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to be joined by 23 leading companies across the country, including many of the largest travel companies, to celebrate April 24th as a day to honor our nation’s business travelers.”
Upside Business Travel also invites business travelers to participate in the Business Traveler Dream Sweepstakes for a chance to win a variety of prizes. Some of the prizes for the sweepstakes include:
- Two roundtrip international business class tickets from United Airlines (valued at 7,500 each)
- $5,000 off car rental credit and other prizes from Hertz
- $25,000 worth of pre-paid gift cards from Master Card
- The Grand Prize is free domestic first-class upgrades on flights for 20 years
Enter for your chance to win here.
Photo by Tempura/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel