Here’s How You Can Party It Up at the First-Ever Airport Drag Brunch at Newark
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Maybe you’re a big fan of drag. And if you’re reading this article, you’re probably a big fan of travel. But did you know you could find a way to combine both?
This month, United Airlines and airport hospitality brand OTG are partnering up to do just that. In support of Pride Month and The Trevor Project, the two travel brands are collaborating to bring you the first-ever airport DJ Drag Brunch, hosted in Terminal C of Newark International Airport (EWR). Attendees will be able to party it up with their favorite divas including Jahlissa A. Ross, Pattaya Hart, Fifi Dubois, Caracol Richards, Daesha Richards and Kennedy Davenport, star of the hit TV show RuPaul’s Drag Race.
The DJ Drag Brunch is produced by event super-promoter Jake Resnicow and will showcase live entertainment from drag performers, and top-tier talent such as DJ Steve-Sidewalk and brunch host Harmonica Sunbeam.
The Drag Brunch takes place on June 20 from 10am to 11:45am, at Novella in Terminal C’s Global Bazaar food hall near Gate 90. Entertainers will also stroll through the terminal before and after the brunch to interact with travelers who didn’t get to attend the event.
The brunch menu includes quintessential favorites such as fresh-baked pastries from Mélange Bakery, as well as a selection of specialty cocktails and mocktails with fanciful names such as Taste the Rainbow, featuring fresh berries, lime juice, lemon juice, coconut water and almond syrup, or the Aromatic Nectar featuring tonic, berry iced tea and lemon juice.
If the DJ Drag Brunch sounds like your cup of tea, log into your United account and ready your MileagePlus miles: Tickets to the event are exclusively available by auction on the MileagePlus events platform.
June has been designated as Pride Month in remembrance of the Stonewall riots, a series of demonstrations protesting a police raid in Manhattan in June 1969. This year will mark the 50th anniversary of the uprising, which led to the rise of the gay liberation movement in the US. The Trevor Project offers 24/7 phone lifeline, text, and chat for LGBTQIA+ youth struggling with suicide ideation. All proceeds and every MileagePlus mile redeemed from the DJ Drag Brunch will benefit The Trevor Project, which will receive a minimum donation of $10,000. This year, some Kimpton hotels are also hosting drag brunches to raise money for The Trevor Project in New York, Austin and Philadelphia during each city’s Pride week.
Featured photo courtesy of the DJ Drag Brunch, hosted by United Airlines and OTG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.