Help This Woman Find Her Lost Wedding Rings at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A woman is asking for the power of social media to help her find a lost item that fell out of her bag on her Sunday morning flight into New York’s JFK Aiport: her wallet containing her diamond wedding band and engagement rings.
Kate Hollanda, associate director and stage manager at NBC and ABC News, flew into JFK on American Airlines Flight 974 from Rio de Janeiro (GIG), where her wallet slipped out of her bag. Only a few hours later, she began to receive calls from her credit card company about fraudulent card activity, which is when she remembered that her wallet contained the rings, too. (Update: After receiving an overwhelming response, she is no longer asking for help.)
Thankfully, she was able to take care of the card purchases and protect her identity. However, the rings are still out there, so she posted on LinkedIn in hopes of going viral and increasing her chances of getting her sentimentally valuable jewelry back. She hasn’t heard developments since she filed the report, even though the fraudulent charges occurred inside of the airport, at a Best Buy kiosk.
She tweeted saying that she believed the wallet was stolen off the plane during cleaning while she was trying to get help from American Airlines.
As one would expect, Hollanda is not too pleased with the lack of response she’s been getting from the companies, so she turned to personal contacts and the rest of the Internet to help. “This should be easy in an international terminal in the most protected city in the world,” Hollanda wrote in the LinkedIn post. Plus, she has records of the exact details of the purchases.
We know we have an amazingly connected and active bunch of readers here at TPG, so we’re asking your help to get this woman’s rings back. Use your contacts, Twitter voices and advice to brighten her chances! And, if you can help it, double or triple check to be sure you have your belongings before deplaning.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees