Treat yo’ self: Take a helicopter ride to brunch at the TWA hotel this fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“What if you could fly to Sunday brunch?” Whether or not you’ve ever asked yourself that question, the TWA Hotel and BLADE have partnered up to give you the answer.
Over the next six weekends, BLADE and the Gerber Group will transport a very select number of lucky customers by helicopter to the TWA Hotel at JFK for Sunday brunch. After spending their afternoon poolside, brunchers will get home in time to catch up on chores before the workweek begins again.
If you successfully snag one of the limited spots available, you’ll start your Sunday Funday with a complimentary drink in the BLADE Lounge on West 30th Street, then enjoy the shortest Manhattan commute of your life during a five-minute flight to the retro-inspired hotel. Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to your table at the Pool Bar for lunch — included with your fare — and more drinks.
To secure your slot, mosey on over to the BLADE site and pick the weekend package that works for you. The special brunch package rate is $170 each way, although a round-trip booking is required. The round-trip requirement means you can’t take advantage of this promotion to kill time before an evening flight out of JFK — but you could always just book a regular one-way BLADE flight to the hotel for a drink.
- Round-trip flight between BLADE Lounge West and JFK at a lowered rate
- Up to $50 in meal credit
- Complimentary pool access
- Ground transportation between the helipad at JFK and TWA Hotel
Some additional fine print states that, in case of inclement weather, lunch will be held at The Sunken Lounge instead of poolside. You’ll meet back at the BLADE desk in the hotel lobby at 3:40 p.m. for your return flight; you can choose to leave at a later time if you purchase a separate return flight for $195. All fliers receive a $50 discount off the usual fare, while a $100 discount applies to BLADE-GX members. If weather isn’t flyable, equal-value credits will be applied to your account.
If you’ve been jonesing to check out the TWA Hotel or saving up to splurge on a BLADE experience, give Sunday bunch a whirl … literally.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees