Treat yo’ self: Take a helicopter ride to brunch at the TWA hotel this fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
“What if you could fly to Sunday brunch?” Whether or not you’ve ever asked yourself that question, the TWA Hotel and BLADE have partnered up to give you the answer.
Over the next six weekends, BLADE and the Gerber Group will transport a very select number of lucky customers by helicopter to the TWA Hotel at JFK for Sunday brunch. After spending their afternoon poolside, brunchers will get home in time to catch up on chores before the workweek begins again.
If you successfully snag one of the limited spots available, you’ll start your Sunday Funday with a complimentary drink in the BLADE Lounge on West 30th Street, then enjoy the shortest Manhattan commute of your life during a five-minute flight to the retro-inspired hotel. Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to your table at the Pool Bar for lunch — included with your fare — and more drinks.
To secure your slot, mosey on over to the BLADE site and pick the weekend package that works for you. The special brunch package rate is $170 each way, although a round-trip booking is required. The round-trip requirement means you can’t take advantage of this promotion to kill time before an evening flight out of JFK — but you could always just book a regular one-way BLADE flight to the hotel for a drink.
- Round-trip flight between BLADE Lounge West and JFK at a lowered rate
- Up to $50 in meal credit
- Complimentary pool access
- Ground transportation between the helipad at JFK and TWA Hotel
Some additional fine print states that, in case of inclement weather, lunch will be held at The Sunken Lounge instead of poolside. You’ll meet back at the BLADE desk in the hotel lobby at 3:40 p.m. for your return flight; you can choose to leave at a later time if you purchase a separate return flight for $195. All fliers receive a $50 discount off the usual fare, while a $100 discount applies to BLADE-GX members. If weather isn’t flyable, equal-value credits will be applied to your account.
If you’ve been jonesing to check out the TWA Hotel or saving up to splurge on a BLADE experience, give Sunday bunch a whirl … literally.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo by Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.