Heathrow Express’ Business First passengers will get fast-track security
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As of July 1, all passengers with Business First tickets on the Heathrow Express will also have access to fast-track security lanes once they reach the London area’s iconic Heathrow Airport (LHR).
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
“We’re really excited to be enhancing our Business First product, enabling customers to fly through security, and spend more time relaxing before their flight,” said Mark Eastwood, head of commercial strategy at Heathrow Express, who announced the news at the Business Travel Show Europe.
“We know our customers value speed and convenience, with this new offering further enhancing their departure experience from Heathrow. For those in a rush, we are confident that we will now offer not only an express train, but [also] a quick route to the plane from central London,” Eastwood said.
A real game-changer, this business ticket is set to appeal to travelers to the U.K.’s biggest airport now more than ever.
When you compare a one-way fare booked online on Business First ($38.92 or 32 pounds) with the price of a single ticket ($30.41 or 25 pounds), the $8.51 (7 pounds) upgrade is a good value if you’ve already decided to travel to the airport using Heathrow Express anyway.
A one-month open return will set you back $66.89 (55 pounds) and will also include fast-track security once you arrive at Heathrow.
If you’re in no rush to reach the airport, it’s worth keeping in mind that London’s newly-launched Elizabeth line is much cheaper, costing $13 (10.70 pounds) off-peak and $15.45 (12.70 pounds) during peak times — but without security fast track.
The Heathrow Express is one of the costliest railway services in the capital – up to $6 (or 5 pounds), and costing more in economy than on similar Express services to Gatwick and Stanstead. It regularly tops the airport transfer cost table in Europe, too.
Heading to Heathrow from central or West London this summer? While pricier than some other options, Business First on the Heathrow Express will give you a speedy journey from the train station to the airport.
It will also make life easier when you reach your terminal with the new security fast-track service. If you want to save a little extra money, you should always book online for a better deal.
To see which mode of transport from central to London Heathrow Airport won for speed, read Watch us race to London Heathrow by cab, the Heathrow Express and new Elizabeth Line.
Featured photo courtesy of Heathrow Express.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees