Your pups can now earn you points toward a trip to Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
There are lots of ways to boost your points and miles balance — from spending on top travel rewards credit cards, to online shopping portals, and even by taking a Lyft. And now you can earn miles by booking a dog walker with Wag!, an on-demand dog walking and boarding app.
Hawaiian Airlines has partnered up with Wag! and is currently offering members 5,000 bonus miles after booking their first walk. TPG values that bonus at $45 and according to the site, walks start at just $20 so you’re breaking a little more than even. After members book the first walk, they can expect to earn 3 miles for every dollar spent.
You can maximize these rewards even further by paying with the right card. Here’s what we recommend:
Currently this card is offering a 60,000 sign-up bonus to applicants after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. This card will earn you an additional 1x point per dollar on non-bonus spend, bringing your dog walk up to 4x points. This card is great for those who have their eyes set on Hawaii as you won’t have to worry about transferring points and miles from other travel rewards cards. This card also offers some awesome perks that could make your points redemption even sweeter like a free checked bag, a one-time discount of 50% off a companion ticket and $100 off a companion ticket annually. So even if you aren’t able to book the whole family or your partner on points, you have two other awesome discounts to choose from.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
If you’re set on going to Hawaii on miles, the Bonvoy Boundless Card could be a great option for you as well. Why? You can transfer Bonvoy points to Hawaiian Airlines at a 3:1 ratio with a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points transferred from the Bonvoy program. The card sign-up bonus alone offers Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, and you’ll earn an additional 2x points on Wag! bookings, bringing your haul up to 5x points per walk. Economy flights to Hawaii on the namesake carrier from the West Coast start at 20,000 points and from the East Coast at 30,000 points off-season. Depending on your spending habits, you may even have some extra points to use towards a hotel stay.
Time to thank your pup and say Aloha to Hawaii! And while your dog may be the one that helps get you to Hawaii, you’ll have to check some strict requirements if you want to bring them along. In fact, bringing a pet to the Hawaiian Islands costs $1,297 so it’s probably best you let a Wag! sitter watch them while you’re away and enjoy your time on the beach.
Featured photo by YinYang/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees