Your pups can now earn you points toward a trip to Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
There are lots of ways to boost your points and miles balance — from spending on top travel rewards credit cards, to online shopping portals, and even by taking a Lyft. And now you can earn miles by booking a dog walker with Wag!, an on-demand dog walking and boarding app.
Hawaiian Airlines has partnered up with Wag! and is currently offering members 5,000 bonus miles after booking their first walk. TPG values that bonus at $45 and according to the site, walks start at just $20 so you’re breaking a little more than even. After members book the first walk, they can expect to earn 3 miles for every dollar spent.
You can maximize these rewards even further by paying with the right card. Here’s what we recommend:
Currently this card is offering a 60,000 sign-up bonus to applicants after spending $2,000 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening. This card will earn you an additional 1x point per dollar on non-bonus spend, bringing your dog walk up to 4x points. This card is great for those who have their eyes set on Hawaii as you won’t have to worry about transferring points and miles from other travel rewards cards. This card also offers some awesome perks that could make your points redemption even sweeter like a free checked bag, a one-time discount of 50% off a companion ticket and $100 off a companion ticket annually. So even if you aren’t able to book the whole family or your partner on points, you have two other awesome discounts to choose from.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
If you’re set on going to Hawaii on miles, the Bonvoy Boundless Card could be a great option for you as well. Why? You can transfer Bonvoy points to Hawaiian Airlines at a 3:1 ratio with a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points transferred from the Bonvoy program. The card sign-up bonus alone offers Earn 100,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, and you’ll earn an additional 2x points on Wag! bookings, bringing your haul up to 5x points per walk. Economy flights to Hawaii on the namesake carrier from the West Coast start at 20,000 points and from the East Coast at 30,000 points off-season. Depending on your spending habits, you may even have some extra points to use towards a hotel stay.
Time to thank your pup and say Aloha to Hawaii! And while your dog may be the one that helps get you to Hawaii, you’ll have to check some strict requirements if you want to bring them along. In fact, bringing a pet to the Hawaiian Islands costs $1,297 so it’s probably best you let a Wag! sitter watch them while you’re away and enjoy your time on the beach.
Featured photo by YinYang/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.