This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways is currently under fire — no, not for kicking passengers off flights during a heat wave, but for allegedly firing a customer service worker for having a so-called “man bun.”
Sid Ouared had been working as a customer services assistant in Heathrow‘s Terminal 5 for about two weeks and claims that during the final day of his training, his bosses fired him for “having a hairstyle that did not comply with their uniform policy.” According to The Independent, one of his bosses even told him he “looked like a girl.”
He went on to say that “the fact that they dismissed me for being a man with long hair is ridiculous and sexist. They have discriminated against me. They basically said cut it, put it in a turban like a Sikh, or turn it into dreadlocks like a Rastafarian. I am not any of those things, and I can’t believe that they would make me wear my hair like something that I am not,” the New York Post reports.
A former British Airways worker who says the company sacked him because of his man bun has told ITV News that the decision left him feeling “bullied” and “violated” https://t.co/lyvzbDaBxq pic.twitter.com/sk06PDlCuu
— ITV News (@itvnews) August 6, 2018
Ouared also claims that this never would have happened to a woman, and that “this stuffy old airline won’t allow me to have my hair as I like it.” As such, he’s claiming that he has been discriminated against by British Airways.
The airline told The Independent, “We don’t comment in detail on individual employment matters.”
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that