This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to be the newest employee at Hong Kong Disneyland? Then you’ll need to be less concerned about hanging with princesses and more familiar with dangling participles.
The East Asian, kid-centered amusement park, which saw 6.2 million guests in 2017 and made news for incorporating feng shui into its design before its 2005 opening, is looking for an English-language editor to become its newest “cast member,” as all Disney employees are called regardless of what they actually do.
The position, described merely as “editor” and posted on LinkedIn, would involve writing and checking over copy for both internal, marketing and media materials, helping out with staff, media and government events, writing and proofreading speeches and correspondence for executives, writing weekly “leadership stories” for an internal newsletter and being the resort’s all-around expert on the English language. Applicants are required to have a college degree in a related field, five years of experience, proficiency in Microsoft Office products and fluency in English.
In return, Hong Kong Disneyland promises “the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career-development opportunities” while delivering “world-class service and lifetimes memories for our Guests.”
Hong Kong Disneyland’s press office did not immediately respond to emails, so it’s not clear yet whether the job includes having to wear the Goofy costume once in a while.
Featured photo by TED ALJIBE/AFP/Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards