This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to be the newest employee at Hong Kong Disneyland? Then you’ll need to be less concerned about hanging with princesses and more familiar with dangling participles.
The East Asian, kid-centered amusement park, which saw 6.2 million guests in 2017 and made news for incorporating feng shui into its design before its 2005 opening, is looking for an English-language editor to become its newest “cast member,” as all Disney employees are called regardless of what they actually do.
The position, described merely as “editor” and posted on LinkedIn, would involve writing and checking over copy for both internal, marketing and media materials, helping out with staff, media and government events, writing and proofreading speeches and correspondence for executives, writing weekly “leadership stories” for an internal newsletter and being the resort’s all-around expert on the English language. Applicants are required to have a college degree in a related field, five years of experience, proficiency in Microsoft Office products and fluency in English.
In return, Hong Kong Disneyland promises “the opportunity to participate in comprehensive training and experience excellent career-development opportunities” while delivering “world-class service and lifetimes memories for our Guests.”
Hong Kong Disneyland’s press office did not immediately respond to emails, so it’s not clear yet whether the job includes having to wear the Goofy costume once in a while.
Featured photo by TED ALJIBE/AFP/Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees