Guy Fieri Wants To Feed You Barbecue … on a Boat
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Guy Fieri is entering new horizons … literally. The Food Network TV star recently launched his Pig & Anchor Smokehouse | Brewhouse on board Carnival’s new ship, the 3,960-passenger Carnival Horizon, which sails from New York this summer before returning to its home port in Miami.
USA Today recently reviewed the Pig & Anchor’s offerings, from the brews to the ‘cues.
Most of Fieri’s barbecue recipes require smoking meat for 10 to 14 hours. In order to meet strict safety rules, the Carnival Horizon uses a pair of smokers that self-contain hickory chips, fire and smoke. The smokers run on both electricity and gas, with special sensors automatically shutting off if a gas leak is detected.
“We have the best smokers at sea,” Chef Soumen Banerjee told USA Today. “With these smokers we’re not at all challenged. We learned a lot of things. He has his specific taste and flavors and our guests cruising with us love those flavors.”
Dinners at the Smokehouse are not included in the price of the cruise, but USA Today reports that guests on board one of the inaugural Mediterranean cruises did not seem to mind paying extra. “You can eat and drink very well, and not spend a bundle,” said USA Today reviewer Fran Golden. And some of Fieri’s “real deal” creations are available for free from time to time during the cruise: Over lunch on embarkation day, and on sea days, chefs man the pair of smokers on the outdoor promenade and serve buffet-style.
Carnival brewmaster Colin Presby worked with Fieri to craft four beers with high-impact flavors that could “stand up to Fieri’s barbecue,” Golden said. The on-tap brews have been named The ParchedPig.
“I was really excited about being able to come up with things from the ground up to go, specifically with barbecue,” Presby told USA TODAY. “In looking at beer pairings, one of the most important things is pairing intensity of flavor. With a menu that is much more on the intense side, I wanted beers that could stand up to that.”
This isn’t Fieri’s first overlap with Carnival. The cruise company already serves more than 5 million of Fieri’s mouth-watering burgers on board its ships each year.
Featured image courtesy of Carnival Cruises.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees